The VP Digital Advertising will drive digital revenue through effective leadership and management of the Digital Sales and Analytics Team for Stats Digital (internal digital agency) , the internal programmatic team, the Branded Content team (LAT Studios) and the California Times (LAT and SDUT) overall digital strategy.
The role will act as a Digital champion and work closely with Senior Leadership, Advertising VPs, Product, Marketing, vendors, Sales Managers and Digital Sales Reps, to provide strategic direction, product expertise, sales packaging advice, and direction and strategy for all digital offerings.
- Driving digital advertising revenue: retain and increase current advertiser revenue, prospect new accounts, increase sales calls, increase the volume of RFP submissions, and ensure that all submissions are relevant to a client’s needs.
- Ensure advertising operations is optimized organizationally for campaign management, branded content creation, programmatic direct management, third party revenue and yield & analysis.
- Provide leadership and vision across the organization in understanding and selling the collective Stats Digital (internal digital agency) and internal Programmatic product suite.
- Assist in enhancing the digital knowledge of the non-digital sales team through sales calls and detailed explanations of new products and packages in an effort to increase YOY digital revenue.
- Conduct Sales meetings – offer market research, competitive data, strategic ideas, and insights.
- In-depth knowledge of Digital status for his/ her team:
- Sales pacing to goal through effective pipeline management.
- Current pending or new business opportunities.
- Salesperson training needs/overall Digital knowledge.
- Robust tracking of P&L for all digital arms of our organization.
- Online advertising/ digital media sales experience with brand/ agency, direct advertisers and affiliates.
- History of overseeing a divisions P&L.
- Experience prospecting, pitching, and closing accounts.
- Strong interest and passion in the digital space and understanding of digital business models.
- Strong presentation and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Deep knowledge of programmatic advertising, OTT, social buying strategy, SEO, and attribution modeling.
- Experience working in a deadline-oriented environment while maintaining attention to detail.
- Strong vision for the future of publishing monetization strategy.
- Experience managing a digital sales team.
- Minimum of 8+ years of related media experience managing a digital team with experience in Programmatic, Branded Content, and media buying oversight.
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater