COMPANY Television is an evolving business where creativity and drive can make a lasting impact on world-wide consumer entertainment. We are looking for an experienced Vice President of Digital Technology to lead the digital product development team, guide platform and technology decisions, and partner with COMPANY’s Digital’s executive team to drive success in the digital content business. Our VP of Digital Technology must be positive, outgoing and bring “Start-Up” energy to the established broadcast industry.
At COMPANY Television, we encourage you to innovate, to see the big picture, and positively impact millions of customers. The job requires broad technology insights and exceptionally strong management experience with a track record of leading a team of developers and engineers. Our VP of Digital Technology will provide the technology vision and leadership in the development, implementation and support of FTS Digital content and business initiatives. You will report to and work extensively with the Chief Digital Officer, and partner closely with the VP of Digital Product. You must be willing to roll up your sleeves and make smart technical decisions while collaborating with the four pillars of content, product, marketing and sales. You will evolve our technology stack and manage the development team and processes to support it. Your job is to help lead FTS through a digital transformation.
- Provide technology insights and direction to every aspect of FTS Digital strategy and operations.
- Hire, manage and mentor a team of web front-end and native mobile software engineers, quality assurance engineers and project managers.
- Create a culture of quality, agility, and high performance that will foster the attraction, development and retention of outstanding technical talent.
- Work closely with the Executive Team to set direction and translate business priorities into a technical agenda.
- Work closely with other affiliates of 21st Century COMPANY in key internal projects, including internal content management systems and digital video applications.
- Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate.
- A minimum of 10 years of industry-leading engineering and technology experience, with at least 5 years in a senior management position.
- Extensive experience in software development and architecture related to CMS, VMS and Live-Streaming applications.
- Experience creating and/or maintaining open source content management systems, WordPress or similar.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills; experience managing hybrid teams of in-house and outsourced engineers and developers.
- Strong understanding of ad tech ecosystems including SSAI for video.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.