Company has an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated VP, Field Finance to join our Finance team. This manager will be the lead business partner to the President of Worldwide Field Operations. The Leader will work with Field Sales and Sales Operations daily and collaborate cross-functionally with Corporate and BU Finance teams. Being successful in this role requires a large degree of software commercial deal experience, analytical thought leadership, excellent organization and communication skills, and the ability to synthesize complex data and solve problems.
What you will be doing:
- Lead all commercial finance functions for the Field, including Deal Desk, Sales Compensation and Field FP&A
- Advise field on large, complex deal negotiations, provide leadership and guidance for Deal Desk function, handle deal approvals in partnership with Field Operations leadership and Finance leadership teams.
- Business Partnering: Primary Finance partner to President of WW Field Operations and the field leadership team. Develop an understanding of Company 's GTM model and translate that into operational and financial information in partnership with the Sales Operations team. Help develop various metrics to monitor the health of the business on a regular basis.
- Lead Sales FP&A team with responsibility for overall Sales financial metrics, including managing budgets and sales investments. Partner with Field Operations leadership team on annual planning, quarterly forecasting and routine financial reporting on sales performance.
- Sales Compensation. Develop a detailed understanding of sales compensation structure and the impact of these programs on the overall budget. Provide mentorship and leadership to the Sales Commissions team. Review and approve monthly commission payouts. Drive overall Sales Compensation strategy decisions with Field leadership.
- Lead Projects to drive efficiency and process improvement. Identify, design and lead projects intended to build efficiencies, standardize business practices, drive process improvements and deliver high impact analysis for decision making. Collaborate with other parts of Company as needed
- Team Leadership. Lead a distributed team, inspire changes and help resolve priorities. Continuously develop and coach directors, managers and individual contributors.
What you will bring:
- Deep experience in Sales Finance required, including in negotiating and approving commercial deal structures
- Dual experience in SaaS and on-premise models strongly preferred
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Takes charge of sophisticated issues and develop new ways of approaching business challenges independently and proactively
- 15+ years of finance experience
- Strong leadership skills with experience in growing and leading a high-performing team of finance professionals