We are looking for a strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial marketing leader. The Vice President will oversee a recently formed Global/North American team of 15+, encompassing product marketing, content and community management, partnership/sponsorship marketing, and creative. The Vice President will set Global/North American Company marketing strategies and priorities annually for our Marketplace and lead changes in strategy, as needed, consistent with our market-led, agile approach. This leader will also oversee execution of some of these strategies and plans. To be successful, the Vice President will help deliver profitable growth in Company Marketplace revenue and will support improvements in customer satisfaction, loyalty, and engagement. The Vice President will be an active contributor on the Marketplace Leadership Team and will be the EVP/GM 's go-to for TM NA/Global Marketing performance.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL DO
- Define the Company Global/North American marketing strategy, key priorities, and OKRs and adjust plans as market conditions demand.
- Lead a high-performing team to deliver against objectives and collaborate across the marketing organization, especially with the Center of Excellence (performance marketing), which will be a key partner in activating marketing strategies.
- Create best practices that can be adapted by International Marketing and markets worldwide and be easily translated into marketing activity that drives desired fan behavior.
- Build strong relationships and work closely with commercial teams and fan-facing functions to integrate marketing plans with business and functional plans. At Company, Marketing is linked tightly with other functions.
- Serve as a champion for the fan/consumer, working with our Research Team to advocate for initiatives that grow our understanding of the fans and ensure fan insights are properly leveraged across marketing and other functions.
- Help translate fan insights into plans.
- Serve as an advocate for TM marketing initiatives on our Marketplace, articulating the value to our clients.
- Manage a team of (senior) directors and managers and creative specialists at varying levels. Act as an exemplary people leader by setting a direction, fostering transparency, and providing guidance and coaching to build the next set of high-potential leaders.
- Envision, energize, and enable the team and the organization, securing buy-in. Champion your mission and foster a culture of innovative thinking.
- At least 15 years of experience, either at a leading consumer/consumer technology company or digital agency, with evidence of career progression and enhanced marketing and team responsibility over time
- Must have a service orientation, given the number of internal constituents (lines of business and functions) and external clients (teams, leagues, venues, promoters) constituents.
- Must have substantial digital experience with full digital marketing toolkit, with emphasis on social channels, mobile app, and the evolution of the digital marketing channels and technologies.
- Must have relevant experience evolving the positioning of legacy brands, expressing brand attributes in a digital and direct-response environment, and amplifying a brand or product value proposition with limited budgets within an ROI/transaction-oriented business.
- Proven ability to identify the right audience, craft the appropriate messaging for the target, and activate consumer segmentation models to improve business results.
- Advanced capability to absorb and integrate both qualitative insights and data to identify new approaches/solutions.
- Significant experience influencing/managing creative teams, particularly in a digital/direct-response environment, ensuring excellent craft and on-time delivery.
- Rigorous approach to deadline management, overseeing short-term projects with tight timelines and long-term initiatives with critical stage gates.
- Must have a track record of mentoring and leading multi-level teams, retaining key talent, and building a followership. Able to set a vision and motivate a team to achieve goals while creating a fun and productive culture.
- Must be able to effectively and succinctly communicate with and influence multiple stakeholders across all levels. Compelling presentations that inspire and win hearts and minds are important.
- Evidence of an ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, entrepreneurial environment where quality, innovation, speed of decision making, and execution are critical to organizational success.