Reporting to the CMO, the VP, Marketing plays a key role within the Company Entertainment consumer products division, where we are launching video games, board games, collectibles, and merchandise for diehard fans, community, and loyal customers.
The VP, Marketing will be responsible for the planning, development and execution of global marketing activities in alignment with the broader Brand and Sales organizations.
This position will start as remote and remain remote for at least the rest of 2020.
- Contribute and influence the Global Brand and Marketing plans for all titles ensuring that regional requirements are addressed as much as possible with appropriate spends and activity, achieving the desired business goals in an efficient manner
- Define the content marketing and partnerships strategy to drive and develop brand partnerships and custom content for the entire Company portfolio
- Plan and recommend marketing budgets based on paid marketing activities that are aligned with revenue expectations based on territory forecasts.
- Conduct postmortems and ROI’s to measure performance of marketing activity and communicate learnings to the organization
- Determine an asset schedule and work with Brand Director to ensure that all assets are delivered on time
- Procure and manage agencies to augment execution of paid media, social media, PR, and influencer plans
- Work closely with the head of retail to ensure that all channel marketing is implemented efficiently.
- Support the PR team in generating earned editorial through creative, efficient and effective PR strategies and activities, including events
- Support learning, sharing of knowledge and best practices throughout marketing team relating to media (Paid/Earned/Owned), social media, community, influencer, and consumer / industry trends etc.
- Assist in setting the agenda for forthcoming activity for new releases, existing lifecycles (DLC etc.) across the FY within region, in partnership with the Brand Director
- Pro-actively recommend new initiatives, processes and opportunities internally that drive efficiencies across the organization
- Represent Company and support partnerships and programs with First Party and other partners.
- Be a positive, contributing, central service marketing team member committed to the entire global organization supporting both free-to-play and premium games
- Develop employees and manage a marketing department
- Prepare regular reports for the organization as required
- US Marketing Knowledge: Consumer, press, sales, distribution and marketing expertise
- Campaign Planning: Strategy, tactics and objectives aligned to a crafted consumer journey
- Tactical Marketing Execution: Advertising, events, influencers, PR, community, channel and promotions
- Performance Marketing: Not just performance advertising but objective thinking applied to all aspects of the marketing mix
- Product Marketing Strategy: Building new IP, launching games and sustaining live games
- Modern Game Media and Marketing: Influencers, video content, custom editorial and more
- Project Management: Tools, operations and capabilities for managing multiple products at once
- Publishing Operations: Problem solving, critical thinking and cross-functional coordination
Experience with the following desired:
- Developing and executing integrated marketing campaigns leveraging the full marketing mix for games
- Managing broad portfolios of titles across multiple platforms with varying business models
- F2P (mobile, console, PC), Premium (retail, digital, mobile, console, PC) and Online (live service support regardless of platform or model)
- Effectively managing multiple external marketing partners and agencies to deliver results within budget
- Developing and executing marketing campaigns end-to-end, from announcement through launch and even sunset
- Supervisory experience, as well as project management and indirect supervision of projects that required cross-functional group coordination
- Channel marketing both digital and at retail for pre-orders, launches and special SKU’s
- Track record of success in achieving targets for titles with both small and large marketing budgets
- Direct experience in launching mid-tier titles, not just AAA games or indie games through both retail and digital
- Extensive experience in digital marketing, social content marketing, performance advertising and both paid and earned influencer marketing
- Planning and executing influencer programs that generated product awareness through more than just traditional editorial channels
- Exposure to corporate communications initiatives with an understanding of being a publicly traded company and its implications
- Research and data analytics inspired marketing track record to inform strategy and execution
- Operating with limited resources and without constant oversight
- Ownership of project management tools to guide people and products
- Knowledge of legal compliance, especially how to work within CCPA and GDPR regulations, etc.
- Prior experience with growth marketing/hacking and turning passive audiences into active consumers
- Working around key seasonal and tentpole opportunities
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a senior marketing position, at least 9-10 years total marketing experience, ideally within video games