- Manages local Account Executives with goal of meeting/exceeding station revenue, prospecting and new business targets.
- Oversees advertising sales activities in assigned market; is accountable for achieving/ exceeding targeted advertising sales revenues for the market and for controlling sales expenses.
- Drives results through others, manages team performance and holds team accountable against business metrics.
- Translates market and station business strategies into specific actions to generate sales and revenue.
- Directs sales activities and processes that generate new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Sets sales goals and guides subsequent goal-setting processes.
- Prepares budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Obtains, allocates and adjusts operations resources to achieve sales and service goals.
- Oversees management of available advertising inventory to drive most profitable sales.
- Meets with key accounts.
- Recruits, hires and ensures ongoing training and development of Account Executives.
- Goes on sales calls and conducts in-field coaching to develop Account Executives.
- May review and adjust sales territories, product mix targets and assigned call lists.
- May direct other functions such as marketing, advertising, production, traffic and sales operations.
- Strong focus on face-to-face sales calls with Account Executives and qualified prospects.
- Creating sales opportunities, packages and sales promotions to your team and to the larger LA team.
- Coaching and on-boarding new Account Executives as well as on-going recruitment.
- Strong understanding of broadcasting, marketing, promotion, and collection standards
- Proven ability to grow new business and find new revenue opportunities
- Excellent leadership and coaching ability; can successfully coach others in sales practices
- Deep understanding of local markets, customers, and competitors in order to target needs and drive sales
- Can create productive, long-term customer relationships.
- Adept as entrepreneurial self-starter
- Excellent ability to organize, prioritize, and multi task
- Can push self and others to achieve and excel in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent business and people decision-making skills
- Can model positive energy and handle stress in the face of challenges, deadlines and financial pressures
- Flexibility and creativity
- Excellent communication and influencing skills across multiple groups
- Excellent interpersonal skills and collaboration with others
- 3+ years’ experience as an Account Executive or Sales Manager in media industry with proven track record of success
- 4-year college degree preferred