Company Los Angeles has a rare and special opening. We are looking for an inspirational, experienced and accomplished Vice President of Sales to lead and manage our advertising sales efforts. You must have a passion for music, digital media, podcasts and innovation.
The person in this role will manage the sales growth of our seven (7) highly influential radio stations by increasing existing business and converting new business. They will also be responsible for podcast, streaming, mobile, digital, social, events and OTT sales.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include the following:
- Forecast revenue growth; achieve revenue goals as defined by management and oversee expense P&L.
- Recruit, hire and train a team of sales leaders and sales professionals to achieve company growth plans.
- Maintain high levels of communication and transparency with management, cross-functional teams, and key business stakeholders.
- Create and close new sales opportunities that ensure overall sales goals are achieved.
- Actively engage with clients, including opening doors for the sales team and leading by example.
- Plan, prepare, and execute high impact meetings with prospects and partners.
- Manage direct advertiser relationships to increase business, initiate special promotions and new opportunities.
- Maximize revenue growth within existing accounts.
- Execute in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Minimum 5 years overall business experience in sales leadership, preferably in media, online advertising or music-based platforms.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a goal-oriented sales position with demonstrable track record of driving advertising sales.
- At least 3 years of management/leadership experience including hiring and training staff
- A strong network of active relationships within the target community, both with leading ad agencies and direct advertisers.
- Natural leader with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional sense of organization and attention to detail
- Accountability. Ability to admit faults, learn from mistakes, and improve.
- Strong awareness of rising trends in advertising, technology and leadership.