- Castaic, CA
- August 20, 2020
Motivated to apply my knowledge of and training in chemical synthesis and biochemistry and my abilities to enhance operations and facilitate discovery at the forefront of biomedical sciences.
• Completed supplemental coursework with an emphasis on organic synthesis including Advanced Organic Chemistry, and Modern Synthetic Methods.
• Laboratory coursework included Quantitative Chemistry (including use of HPLC), Physical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Organic Chemistry Laboratory 1 and 2, Intro Biology Experimentation II, and General Chemistry Laboratory 1 and 2.
• Completed a Seminar Capstone project on the antinociception of novel mitragynine alkaloids in mice.
• Trained in use of glovebox, solvent purification system and general Schlenk/vacuum line techniques.
• Performed air sensitive chemistry synthesizing aziridines and using aziridines for further transformation.
• Successfully synthesized (R)-2-phenyl-N-acetylaziridine and characterized material by IR/NMR and MP analysis.
• Reviewed literature and tagged for the synthesis of azacycles by a Tandem Takai Olefination/3-Aza-Claisen rearrangement of (R)-2-phenyl-N-acetylaziridine.
• Optimized the steps and scaled up the aziridine synthesis.
• Presented a poster of my research at California Lutheran University’s annual OURCS Research Symposium during Fall of 2019.
• Served as a general study habit coach and motivator to underrepresented and struggling students.
• Graded routine homework assignments, and laboratory reports under guidelines and answer keys from Doctors. Jason Kingsbury and Christopher Bernt.
• Promoted student learning by providing individualized and small group support to reinforce classroom topics.
• Designed and selected my own problems/exercises on an as-needed basis to promote individual student comprehension.
• Overexpressed protein of interest (R351Q FslA) and purified using Start Fast Performance Liquid Chromatography with a HisTrap FF 5 ml Ni column.
• Planned isothermal calorimetry experiments to conduct in lab.
• Presented a poster of my research at California Lutheran University’s annual OURCS Research Symposium during Fall of 2018.