As a freelance marketing professional, I bring 5+ years of experience in copywriting, marketing strategy, communications messaging, and event planning / management. For several of my clients, I have executed private events, organized speaking sessions, drafted press releases, and created ad materials and strategic presentations with Photoshop, Keynote, and PowerPoint.
Recently, I have cultivated 2+ years as coordinator for the Second City Hollywood theater, where I wrote and designed newsletters with Mailchimp, surpassed predecessor newsletter reach by 40%, assisted events, and oversaw office management, including training and supervision of more than 100 interns. In college, I was also an Oxford University Rhodes® Scholar Nominee and received the TV Academy® Foundation Award for Best College Series from a webseries that I independently developed and marketed.
The world of passive advertising is behind us. As communicators, we no longer disseminate information, but orchestrate deeply complex dialogues – and every great conversation begins with an approachable “hello.”
Hello, my name is Michael Busza.
- Surpassed predecessor newsletter reach by 40%, integrated new analytic reporting, and created user-friendly design
- Interfaced with large community of talent, media, producers, students, notable alumni, and audience members / patrons
- Drafted email correspondence and proofread presentations, project proposals, and memos for supervisor
- Managed office as sole evening administrator, including general administrative support and supervision of 100+ interns
- Redeveloped training and orientation program for new hire interns, personally on-boarding 50+ hires via new system
- Collaborated on event planning and event management of external and internal events, including opening night parties, industry nights, and the LA Diversity in Comedy Festival performances and speaking sessions
- Retained as Temp (June 2017 – Present)
- Spearheaded all aspects of event planning and event management, including: staff communications, drafting press releases, creating marketing materials (Photoshop), writing website copy and newsletter (Mailchimp), coordinating staff schedules, booking speakers and hosting panelists, collecting DVD screeners, booking venues, and scheduling screenings
- Introduced screenings, facilitated Q&As, moderated panels, and arranged catering for reception
- Consulted on project basis for 25+ clients with responsibilities varying from strategy to management
- Design and write communications messaging for newsletters, marketing materials, and media press kits
- Oversee event planning and management of private events for investors, stakeholders, and executive producers
- Execute film screenings, premieres, and Q&As for 35-250+ seat venues, including film festivals and independent theaters
- Orchestrate presentations, case studies, and strategic reports to inform senior-level stakeholders of key initiatives
- Interface with client’s internal staff and maximize relationships with external partners and community sponsors
- Manage several concurrent projects, overseeing account deadlines, client goals, and detailed collaboration
- Conceptualized and produced cutting-edge webseries resulting in 225% successful crowdfund and 100,000+ video loads
- Spearheaded communications and wrote all copy for production, marketing, and PR materials, including: drafting press releases, writing scripts and ad copy, social strategy, and video / photo editing (proficient in Photoshop and Final Cut Pro)
- Oversaw event planning and event management of film screenings, talkbacks / speaking sessions, and innovative viewing events targeted at alternative new media distribution concepts such as headphone-based “iPhone watch-ins”
- Established and maintained media relationships, drafted press releases, created and disseminated media kits, and collaborated with external partner organizations presenting audience cross-over potential