Well-rounded teacher with desire to help students succeed academically and socially. Currently working as Elementary and Middle school Teacher and Tutor in California, USA. Acquired international teaching experience of 8+ years and successfully navigated the culture while living and teaching abroad in USA and UK. Previously stayed in UK for 4 years and gained previous other work experience of 6 years.
- CK-12 Certified Educator (supplement digital classroom experience in USA), Aug 2018
· California Basic Education Skill Test (CBEST) – (Passed Mathematics, English reading), California, USA, Feb – Aug 2018
· Politics and Government in America (Teacher prerequisite, earned 3 units), Evergreen Community College, San Jose, USA, Jul 2018
· MBA (Human Resource), Dr. C V Raman University, Chattisgarh, India, May 2017
· Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi, INDIA, Jun 1998
· Master of Art (M.A.) in Sociology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, INDIA, Jul 1996
Teaching Skills and Accomplishments
· Knowledge of California Education Standards with ability to design and modify lessons appropriately for individual students' needs
· Conversant in creating safe learning environment with clear expectations for students from elementary through middle school
· Ability to adapt, research, write and execute lesson plans to teach each student uniquely
· Administer classroom management, persuaded student engagement and adapted use of informal and formal assessment methods
· Analyzed students’ knowledge in the fields of Mathematics and English, and developed lesson plans to close knowledge gaps and help students achieve a higher performance
· Demonstrated cross-cultural understanding and communication skills by planning, developing and executing lesson plans to teach core concepts to elementary and middle school students
· Demonstrated a strong commitment to students’ success by volunteering to lead an after school program that tutored students in the fields of science, mathematics, and English language.
· Incorporate technology into lessons with Interactive Whiteboard, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
· Reading - Read Naturally, Reading Mastery and DIBELS
· Math-Investigations, and Read it, Write it, Draw it
· Strong ability to build positive relationships with students, staff and parents with differing communication styles and diverse backgrounds
· Effective English language communications; oral and written
· Previous teaching experience in area of Organizational Development, Sociological Theory, Phenomenology, Symbolic Interactionism, Social change, Social psychology
· Trained as Google Certified Educator and well versed with Google education tools
· Integration of technology into lessons including Microsoft Office tools and various social media platform tools.
Relevant Teaching Experience
Instructional Associate, Summerdale Elementary School, Berryessa Union School District, San Jose, California, USA Aug 2018 - Present
- Recently hired to manage the classroom learning at elementary K-5
Instructor, Milpitas Adult Education, Milpitas, California, USA, Jun 2018 - Present
- Recently hired to for community based teaching for adults
Teacher/Instructor at Sylvan Learning, San Jose, California, Jan 2016 - Present
- Working as a K-4 to K-8 Teacher on ACE It! program of Santa Clara County
- Planned and taught whole class and small group lessons periodically, facilitating guided reading, writing, and math groups
- Helped students with Mathematics and Language arts to achieve California State Standards based on Common core syllabi
- Successfully completed assignments with Morrill Middle School, Piedmont Middle School (Berryessa Union School District), & William Sheppard Middle School, Lyndale Elementary School (Alum Rock Union School District), San Jose, CA
- Taught students who struggled in their academics and social domain and provided them personalized guided learning
Club Z, San Jose, California, USA Jan 2018 - Present
- Working as a Teacher/ Instructor (part-time) for In-home one-to-one tutoring.
- Club Z works in collaboration with parent, school, and in home- tutor to help the pupils to achieve personalized goal and success.
ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad, India Feb 2006 to Feb 2007
- Worked as a Faculty Associate to manage teaching a paper- Organizational Development from course HRM, Coordinating in-house Ph. D program, Handling Intellectual Capital database and coordinating with various IBS Campus across India
Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS), Delhi, India Apr 2002 – May 2003
- Worked as Research Officer with Lokniti, an Institute of Comparative Democracy Program supported by Indian Council for Social Science Research under Ministry of Human Resource Development.
Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi, India Oct 2001 – Mar 2002
- Worked as researcher on project “Adolescent Health in Delhi” with Health Policy Research Unit supported by Indian Council for Social Science Research under Ministry of Human Resource Development.
World Bank, Washington D.C. and Institute of Economic Growth, Delhi Sep 1999 –May 2001
- Worked as Senior Research Assistant with IEG and World Bank on a project on “Urban Poverty Risk Management and Social Capital”.
All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi and US Aid, India Nov 1998 – Jul 1999
- Worked as Field investigator on a project “Family Abuse Environment in India”, supported by International Centre for Research on Women (ICRW) and US Aid.
Undergone mandatory trainings conducted by Berryessa Union School District, San Jos, California
- Mandated Child abuse Reporting
- Bloodborne Pathogen Training
- Sexual Harassment Training
- CPR/First Aid Information
- Volunteer for Parent Teacher Association (PTA) member of Burnett Elementary School, Milpitas Unified School District, CA, 95035 2015-2018
- Actively been involved with Parent Teacher Association (PTA) with Northwood Elementary School, Berryessa Union School District, San Jose, California, USA.2013-2014
- Part of a panel of Radio Jockey with a program named Health Roots, a community platform to generate awareness on healthy & wholesome living on Desi 1170 AM live weekly. San Jose, CA, USA.
- Radio Jockey with Radio Spice Box, Chicago, IL, USA. Hosted a chat show named Chat, Chai & Biskoot.
- Voluntarily worked with St Matthew's Church of England Voluntary Aided Primary School, Ipswich, Suffolk, United Kingdom.
Award and Recognition
- Recognized as “Nine most emerging influential Non Resident Indian in Bay Area, California” by India Consulate, San Francisco, California
Publications and Presentations
- Urban Poverty: An Introduction (Ed. Book) published by ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad in May. 2007
- Social Capital: An Introduction (Ed. Book) published by ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad in Nov. 2007
- Sociological Theorization of Organizational Culture published in Dec.2006 of HRM Review.
- DNA of Your Organization: A Self-Assessment Tool published in Global CEO, August, 2006.
- Knowledge Management: Human And Social Capital Perspectives published in Global CEO, July, 2006.
- Vulnerability of Urban Poor: Social Networks and Social Capital Perspectives published in proceedings of 32nd Sociological conference held in Dec.2006.
- Knowledge Management: Human And Social Capital Perspectives presented & published in International Conference on Quality, Innovation and Knowledge Management Organized by Monash University, Australia, IIT Delhi, and IMT, 11-14 Feb. 2007, New Delhi.
- Challenges of Poverty Reduction Strategies: Tackling the Multidimensional Nature of Poverty Summary article of Economic and Social Survey of Asia and the Pacific 2004 published by ICFAI University Press, Hyderabad in May. 2007.
• Master of Philosophy (M.Phil.) in Sociology, Delhi School of Economics, University of Delhi, Delhi, INDIA, Jun 1998
• Master of Art (M.A.) in Sociology, Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, INDIA, Jul 1996