Apply to Job
3D Character Artist, Avatars
Apply to Job
Location pin icon
Los Angeles, CA | Seattle, WA | Burlingame, CA | Remote, US+ 3 more
Apply to Job
Come be a part of the Facebook Reality Labs AR/VR organization as an artist supporting multiple teams building world-class products that span AR and VR. We are focused on building people-first experiences and believe that AR/VR will help define the future of online interaction. The 3D Character Artist is responsible for exploring, prototyping, and building an ecosystem for diverse user avatars that help multiple teams define the future of AR/VR. You're excited about solving novel problems driven by user centric principles. Our creative teams, spread across several exciting locations, are focused on creating content that invites users to engage in immersive, real-time experiences. If you're excited about forging into new territory, creating industry-leading art in a variety of styles and genres, and working with the mightiest in the industry, Facebook may be the home for you.
3D Character Artist, Avatars Responsibilities
* Sculpt high-resolution character models in Maya, Blendery, Zbrush, or Mudbox
* Create clean, low-resolution game topology, UV's, and textures
* Develop prototypes working as a character artist on a medium to large team
* Work within multi-disciplinary design teams to increase the expressiveness, customization, and diversity of avatars
* Conceptualize, present and execute ideas within time and technical constraints while actively participating in artistic, creative and technical, problem-solving
* General 3D asset content creation including modeling, texturing, materials, and lighting, at both mobile and high-end specs
* Iterate and polish assets in engine (Unity) and publish complete assets
* Contribute directly to both the conceptual thinking behind and the physical creation of detailed, high-quality products
* 6+ years professional content development experience in either game or film industries, including shipping one or more titles
* Experience communicating in a multi-disciplinary team, including engineers, artists, and designers
* Experience with one or more commercial game engines (e.g. Unreal or Unity)
* Knowledge of 3D modeling and asset creation packages like Maya,, Substance Painter, ZBrush, Marmoset, Photoshop, etc.
* Experience locating and resolving content and asset performance bottlenecks through performance profiling and optimization
* Virtual or augmented reality experience
* Knowledge of emerging technologies
* Shader development experience
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today-beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $157,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
* Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)