Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization. GHD has an opportunity in Southern California for an Active Transportation Planning Lead. We are looking for driven, enthusiastic future leaders to help drive our California Transportation Group.
Working with our Transportation Group, this position offers good variety of work and will see you involved in:
- Transportation planning focused on complete streets, corridor studies, active transportation and safe routes to school
- Oversight and management of complex planning projects which include investigation, analyses, and preparation of public-facing documents and other client deliverables
- Application of data analysis, site assessment, design concepts and community engagement best practices in active transportation planning
The successful applicant(s) will demonstrate the ability to lead a team of planners with a track record of increased responsibility in the planning and preliminary concept development for multimodal and community focused transportation projects. Our planning leads work hand in hand with our engineers, landscape architects, and digital analysts to develop plans that are implementable and meet our clients’ needs. The ideal candidate will demonstrate knowledge of the active transportation planning and design field, and a belief that walking and bicycling are integral to our transportation system.
The Active Transportation Planning practice at GHD is an important component of the Transportation Group. This position will add a Southern California presence, and will work to increase GHD’s contribution to the field by winning and delivering quality projects, recruiting, and training staff, and being a leader in relevant professional organizations.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or City/Regional Planning or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years transportation planning experience
- Experience with complete streets, active transportation projects, and corridor studies
- Track record of satisfied clients and adopted plans and studies
- Ability to train and manage a team of planners
- Proficiency in GIS and in analyzing collision and other datasets in Excel
- Experience with developing funding proposals for active transportation through the Active Transportation Program, Sustainable Transportation Planning Grant Program and others
- Proficiency in developing and managing unique project approaches to meet client needs, including managing community engagement process often delivered via subcontractors
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.