University of California Los Angeles
Requisition Number: JPF07904
The preferred candidate shall have expertise and experience teaching clinical courses at the undergraduate and/or graduate level at UCLA School of Nursing; the ability to conduct formative and summative evaluations of student clinical learning, precepting, and faculty teaching; a record of collaborating with nursing preceptors and administrators in varied clinical settings; have knowledge and skills for clinical problem solving; use data for continuous quality improvement; and the skills and commitment to continue building sustainable and scalable academic-practice partnerships to support best clinical education across academic programs.
The Director of Clinical Education is responsible to
- Work with lead faculty in clinical courses and with academic support staff to assure students' data are entered into the necessary databases to record health data and drug screening.
- Lead California central placement of clinical sites, and compliance /adherence to regulations, guidelines, requirements, and or protocols of respective clinical sites, and of Regent and UC systems.
- Supervise the maintenance and tracking of clinical affiliations to ensure proper initiation, renewal, and legality.
- Supervise clinical site development, and collaborate with faculty and staff to identify new clinical sites.
- Lead clinical faculty orientation prior to initial clinical teaching assignment.
- Maintain preceptor handbooks for prelicensure and graduate student clinical experiences.
- Help recruit preceptors to meet clinical education needs
- Track medication errors, accidents, incidents reporting that may occur during clinical practicum, and use strategies to prevent these errors and accidents.
- Serve as liaison to eValue and Electronic Clinical Data Based System Vendor
- Provide input for clinical faculty teaching assignments
- Monitor and respond to clinical nursing education trends, new policies, and regulatory requirements.
The Director of Clinical Education directly reports to Associate Dean for Academic Programs, serves on the Dean's Leadership Council and participates in program planning, implementation, and evaluation, and generates reports and documentation as requested by Associate Dean.
The director of clinical education demonstrate integrity-based, effective communication, solves problems, builds professional relationships with external constituencies in support of academic and practice partnerships, and provides servant leadership with a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and efficiency to support the missions of the School of Nursing and UCLA.
Requirements: Terminal degree in nursing; active clinical experience; licensure or eligibility for licensure in California.
The School of Nursing welcomes and encourages diversity and seeks applications and nominations from individuals of diverse backgrounds. Individuals with a history of mentoring students from under-represented groups and those with a commitment to supporting diversity and equal opportunity in education, research and creative activity are invited to apply.
Applicants should submit all materials at the official UCLA website at recruit.apo.ucla.edu/apply/JPF07904. To assure full consideration, applications should be submitted by, November 7, 2022 - Position to remain open until filled.
To apply, please visit: https://recruit.apo.ucla.edu/JPF07904
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy, see: UC Nondiscrimination & Affirmative Action Policy, https://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/DiscHarassAffirmAction