Studio AR&D Architects is a Los Angeles based architecture firm that offers a creative and collaborative work environment with a growing portfolio of work that seeks to be both poetic and meaningful in every detail.
We are a small firm which provides the opportunity for all team members to touch all aspects of each project from concept through construction. Projects include high-end residential, hotel | hospitality, interior architecture, and landscape.
Currently, we are seeking an Architectural Revit Designer/Drafter who can help contribute to both the creative and production work coming from Studio AR&D Architects. Work tasks will include taking a project from conception through completion and utilizing Revit to convert designs, sketches, ideas, and descriptions into technical drawings. The selected candidate shall benefit from a dynamic work environment and challenging project tasks and responsibilities.
Day-to-day tasks include (but not limited to) participating in project management, making site visits to document existing conditions and communicate them to other staff, draft and develop design proposals/schematic designs, coordination and meeting with consultants, contractors, clients and city officials to execute work in an orderly timely manner, prepare construction documents for contractors and permit agencies, compiling project specifications, processing of project at various jurisdictions and acquiring necessary permits, ensuring all vital information and documentation is recorded and maintained, providing support for any task required for the successful completion of the project which can include running errands, provide support for any task required to keep office running smoothly (i.e. ordering office supplies, material samples, obtaining pricing for materials, maintaining organization of projects, etc.)
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience from design through construction documents and construction administration
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or another related field
- Proficiency in Revit & AutoCAD
- Experience working with a project team and consultants in schematic design through construction admin
- Strong interest in modern & contemporary architecture
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and deliver
- Reliable transportation to travel to and from job sites upon request
Personal Qualities -
- Desire to produce meaningful work, passion is at the heart of our company
- Independent with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to be openminded, take in different ideas and encourage teamwork
- Desire to constantly self-educate and be hands-on
- Ability to bring creative solutions to our design work
Nice to have -
- Experience working on high end residential architecture, hotel | hospitality & interior architecture
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
What do we offer?
A hands-on creative work environment with colleagues who are passionate, creative and continuously striving to innovate and improve.
Studio AR&D values employee growth and will cover the cost of all ARE exams that are passed since date of hire. Other benefits include health insurance, paid vacation, paid time off and 7 days of paid holidays.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship. All applicants must already possess long term work authorization.
To apply for this position, include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Portfolio (PDF Format)
Competitive salary based on relevant experience and abilities.