Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Associate Director, Analytics and Reporting – Government Programs will be accountable for leading a team of data and analytics professionals. Reporting to the Vice President of Operational Performance, this leadership role within the operations team will ensure disciplined analytic capability, proficiency in the application of available technology and expertise in operational process improvement.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Leads the OptumRx Government Programs Analytics and Reporting Team as they provide data and analysis for back office operations, scheduled production data extracts, and issue resolution
- Assesses business needs and applies resources across the needs of the customers being supported
- Uses critical thinking skills, resilience, and resourcefulness to find solutions to data and analysis requests of all kinds
- Use data/research to make recommendations that will enable our customers to effectively drive decisions and better business outcomes
- Be clear on what customers value, how the processes meet those needs and the critical elements that need to be actively reported and analyzed
- Be in alignment with the strategic/competitive positioning of the business
- Ensure the reporting and analysis supports the business’s ability to compete effectively
- Be curious and actively looking for opportunities to improve, whether in cost, quality, or work product
- Demonstrate and apply understanding of health care industry trends and their drivers
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of technology industry trends and tools
- Meet with internal and/or external customers to gather report requirements and data analysis needs
- Identify appropriate data sources, report metrics, and tools for providing required information meet the ever-changing and growing needs of customer
- Determine needs for incoming requests, triage and assign resources to complete the requests
- Demonstrate understanding of work being done by customers, identify and/or create relevant databases and how to identify effective and accurate reporting strategies
- Define and/or ensure that report parameters are established consistent with data governance requirements
- Demonstrate understanding of relevant software and databases and identify appropriate report format to use based on customers' needs
- Test and review completed deliverables and associated metrics used to ensure accuracy and quality
- Create and/or update presentation documents and materials to summarize results (e.g., written reports; PowerPoint deck; graphs and/or charts)
- Document internals processes and procedures to ensure business continuity in the generation of reporting and analytics deliverables
- Communicate and lead effectively at all levels with internal and/or external customers concerning the status of requests (e.g., expected completion date, current progress)
- Keep internal customers informed of resource availability and relevant contingency plans for creating work products
- Present, explain, and/or interpret reports and data to internal and/or external customers (e.g., written reports; PowerPoint presentations; verbal communications)
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve any errors or discrepancies identified when reviewing distributed reports
- Seek input and/or approvals from relevant customers prior to implementing new procedures or features
- Demonstrate knowledge of operations, goals, and policies and procedures of internal business partners (e.g., information contacts) to provide effective support to internal and/or external customers
- Identify and/or provide opportunities for additional training and learning to support process and report improvements
- Review ad hoc reporting requests to determine whether a standard reporting solution can be created
- Review manual report packages to identify opportunities to automate reporting and/or eliminate redundancies
- Maintain awareness of industry trends, best practices, relevant standards, and guidelines, and/or reporting applications (e.g., tools; software) and incorporate them into report creation and analysis when applicable
- Share and promote best practices with applicable internal business partners to ensure optimal tools and processes are utilized
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of reporting, analytics, and business analysis experience
- 1+ years of leadership & development experience of a technical team
- Experience with process improvement, automation and/or streamlining capabilities
- Experience in translating root cause data into preventive action
- High Level of proficiency in core MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- High Level of proficiency with reporting systems and processes, SQL proficiency
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience with PBM Operations
- Healthcare-related operations experience
- Experience working in a matrix environment
- Experience in translating root cause data into preventive action
- Tableau experience
- Agile experience
- RxClaim experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.