Exciting space exploration engineering company is seeking to hire a Avionics Software Engineer.
As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will support the development of our integrated software testing efforts on our Hardware-In-the-Loop (HIL) testbeds to ensure the correctness and performance of our avionics and ground support equipment for spaceflight systems.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and commitment to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required.
· Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and iteratively design and build the software infrastructure of the avionics test equipment
· Integrate hardware simulation and fault injection solutions with real-time vehicle simulations
· Support with the HIL integration of flight avionics hardware and software
· B.S. in electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, computer science or related technical discipline
· We are looking for multiple levels, please see the below for descriptions:
o Level 2, 3-5 years, have worked on a single project
o Level 3, 5+ years, have worked on more complex projects/builds
o Level 4, 10+ years, led teams, multiple builds
o Level 5, 10+ years, led multiple teams, larger orgs, big projects, multiple builds
· Demonstrated experience of integrating and testing software on vehicles
· Experience with programming in C, C++, Python and/or Simulink
· Proficient in the use of standard test and troubleshooting equipment
· Preference for and ability to thrive as a member of a small, tightly integrated team
· Good written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
· Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Extra Points For:
· Experience with development and execution of a large-scale verification of avionics on autonomous spaceflight systems
· Experience supporting testbeds for spaceflight systems
Who We Are
NuWest Tech places technical professionals in some of the most competitive markets in the world. Think of us as your personal AI - we find the best positions for your experience, skills, and preferred work environment at thriving companies across the country. You can fill out hundreds of applications online...OR our industry-specialized team can put your resume in front of the right hiring managers for you. We’re a top vendor with our clients, meaning when we recommend a candidate, they go to the top of the pile.
What you can expect from NuWest
Responsiveness: you'll get the highest level of service during your job search including updates every step of the way.
Transparency : open and honest communication – no surprises!
Expertise: we coach you based on your specific strengths and career goals