555 East has been serving Downtown Long Beach since 1983. The restaurant was recently renovated, yet still magically transports you to another time. Whether you're a Ribeye fanatic or a Wagyu lover, this timeless steakhouse is a true meat destination.
Part Time & Full Time Bartenders average between $500 - $1,900 / week. You will be paid $15 / hour, plus tips as provided by the guests. The advertised expected range is an estimate, only, and is based on current take home averages. It is based on schedule flexibility & availability is not guaranteed.
We keep it reel! Premium benefits, an amazing array of craft cocktails, growth opportunities, and more! Are you hooked yet?
What do we bring to the table?
- Growth Opportunities
- Great training and commitment to promotions from within!
- Teamwork / Flexible Hours
- Education Reimbursement
- Generous Dining Discount
- Productive Environment
- Strong company culture
- Delicious food in a beautiful restaurant!
We are looking for seasoned Bartenders who seek career growth in the restaurant industry and who possess a passion for food and beverage. All crewmembers provide friendly, helpful and knowledgeable guest service that goes above and beyond at all times. Each crew member contributes and excels in a team service environment. All crew members are responsible for understanding the duties of their position and following all company standards and guidelines.
- Minimum of 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages.
- 5 Years' experience as a restaurant bartender in a similar level of volume with a craft/classic cocktail program.
- High school graduate, some college.
- Current CA Food Handler's Card.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate verbal and written English with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to maintain complete knowledge of the bartender steps of service and KSC standards.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Complete opening duties as assigned.
- Take Guests' food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
- Input orders into point-of-sale system. Legibly document orders when point of sale system is inoperative and communicate with expeditor.
- Make and serve alcoholic beverage items at bar and serve to Guests and servers.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Open wine/champagne bottles for Guests as well as wine by the glass selections.
- Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with restaurant standards.
- Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to Guests.
- Acknowledge all guests, anticipate Guests' needs, and respond promptly to guests - however busy.
- Interact in courteous and professional manner with Guests, management and co-workers.
- Ensure proper bar-top maintenance throughout the meal and the bar-top is wiped and clean for next Guest.
- Wash and stock all bar glassware throughout shift.
- Present guest checks and process payments adhering to cash handling and credit policies.
- Clean and wipe down bar immediately after Guest departs.
- Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
- Complete closing duties as assigned.
- Complete bartender checkout and all closing reports as assigned, leave duty after reporting to Manager.
Equal Opportunity Employer