Walter P Moore has an immediate opening for a California Healthcare Structural Engineering Leader to join our dynamic Structural Engineering group. The qualified candidate will have at least 15 years of relevant experience working on the design and project management of significant healthcare facilities in the State of California. Experience in other project types such as higher education, office buildings, sports venues, airport projects, and other large commercial structures is a plus.
The candidate should have strong leadership and communication skills, with a demonstrated history of working well with both external and internal stakeholders. Proactivity and a drive for results delivered in a customer-focused manner are important.
Responsibilities will include:
- Principal-level leadership of project delivery for healthcare projects, including staffing and financial management
- Development and nurturing of relationships within healthcare market, including healthcare system design and construction staff, construction managers, other consultants, and OSHPD staff
- Pursuit of new healthcare market relationships and projects
- Visibility in the marketplace at industry events
- 15+ years of experience in relevant healthcare facility design in California, including OSHPD 1 and 3 facilities
- Demonstrated career growth that includes progressive, successful management experience of healthcare projects
- Masters in Civil Engineering with emphasis in Structural
- S.E. in California
- Candidates must be proactive, have strong organizational skill, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be client-service oriented
Enjoy greater fulfillment and a healthy work-life balance by working in a hybrid-remote firm. Our employees have the option to choose whether to work in office or from home with minimal exceptions. Walter P Moore believes your work environment should align with what makes you most efficient and happiest. Experience the benefits of a flexible work schedule and ample PTO to include the week between Christmas and New years' Day.
Walter P Moore is an equal employment opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (including offering competitive compensation and benefit packages) to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to any characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Walter P Moore is an international company of engineers, architects, innovators, and creative people who solve some of the worlds most complex structural and infrastructure challenges. Providing structural, diagnostics, civil, traffic, parking, transportation, enclosure, and construction engineering services, we design solutions that are cost- and resource-efficient, forward-thinking, and help support and shape communities worldwide. Founded in 1931 and headquartered in Houston, Texas, our 700+ professionals work across 23 U.S. offices and 6 international locations.