Company is looking for a rock star CTO. As our CTO, you will define, lead and grow the Engineering team. In this role you will serve as a technical visionary, planning for what our needs are for the future while guiding the engineering vision that delivers the overall Company experience on a daily basis.
You will identify, architect and lead large technical projects across our entire engineering team. This is an executive leadership role reporting to the CPO. As such you should drive and advise Company’s leadership team on technological direction and the opportunities and considerations these present to a product roadmap.
You will scale the technology team in terms of people, systems and processes. You will work cross functionality to understand needs across the entire business to help us generate and translate even more user value into revenue.
You will provide insights and visibility into the ongoing health of our infrastructure, tuning and optimizing systems to set a world class standard for product delivery.
- Outcome: The Engineering leader is a respected, collaborative, and enthusiastic member of the Executive Team who helps enable all other functions.
- Deliverable: You will partner with the CPO, CEO, and other leaders on key aspects of overall company strategy; from product roadmap to company culture. As the engineering leader at Company, you will set goals and objectives in collaboration with the CPO, other leaders, and your team, in a way that empowers the engineering team to win both today and sets them up for success in the future.
- Outcome: A high-performing engineering culture that loves delivering quality, scalable software at a fast and predictable cadence. The drumbeat of delivery is consistent and rewarding for everyone involved.
- Deliverables: Processes for delivery and accountability that (a) have full buy-in from the team and leadership, (b) allows us to confidently plan into the future, and (c) create a reliable drumbeat of delivery. A successful leader will be passionate not only about delivering results but also about delivering amazing products. This leader will partner with key stakeholders to develop, set, and execute a winning technology and product strategy.
- Outcome: Company is a category-defining technology company for the world of fresh produce.
- Deliverables: Balance the technology needs of customers today whilst creating and executing upon the technical architecture to support the operating system and business goals of the future.
- Outcome: Company objectives are not overly constrained by the stability of our systems as we scale. Reactive firefighting is a low frequency.
- Deliverable: A team that can scale our systems to service millions of users with confidence and at reasonable cost. This requires adding expertise, strategy, and processes to the team. The engineering leader will be a full partner to the team as they assess and implement technical solutions to meet this challenge.
- Outcome: Own a high-performing, world-class engineering team and a culture that is enthusiastic and driven about what they can accomplish together..
- Deliverable: 15x our growing engineering team in the next eighteen months by hiring world-class engineers that add to our values and culture. As the leader of the engineering team, it is your job to not just grow the team, but grow it in a manner that is healthy, inclusive, and enjoyable for everyone involved.
- Outcome: Be able to articulate how Company is leading, innovating and impacting the agriculture and finance industries, through technology.
- Deliverable: Be an active participant at FinTech and Produce conferences, write blog entries, and be the external Technology voice for the company.
- Outcome: This is a greenfield opportunity for a new engineering leader to develop a full stack, highly motivated engineering team that pushes the boundaries of what is possible while building an engineering culture aligned with Company values.
- Deliverable: Provide the team and organization with performance metrics, optimize workflows to increase operation speeds and build a culture that is always setting goals with the aim of inspiring and pushing people out of their comfort zones. Listen closely to the needs of the team and serve them in a way that allows for both company success and individual career development.
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis to be able to understand and respond to nuance from customer and business feedback.
- Strong business acumen, as well as strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities to draw conclusions based on data.
- Ability to think strategically in terms of what the business need is and how we’re best positioned to meet those needs given our unique set of capabilities and competencies
- Ability to simplify complex topics to the key points to be communicated with strong messaging skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with geographically dispersed teams
- Adept at communicating up, down, and across an organization to proactively inform key stakeholders in the format best suited to the audience.
- Direct style to align with company values.
- Strong interpersonal skills both internally (across teams) and externally with clients to gather market feedback
- Experience in leading and influencing cross-functional teams
- Need to be able to pick up where things are quickly and lead to a solution
- Self-motivated and driven individual skilled at both planning and hands-on execution
- Able to shift context quickly and understand the most important thing to focus on and drive toward that
- Understand how to drive results through engineering best practices and processes.
- Maintaining a high bar for the quality of product that is used whether product requirements, slack communication, or email.