Psomas is a 100% employee-owned, award-winning consulting firm specializing in construction management, engineering, environment, surveying and geospatial. We're 700+ employees strong with a rich 75-year legacy, and we're expanding our footprint for exciting growth -- which means plenty of opportunity and the added values of agility and flexibility that you can only get with a midsize firm.
Use your talents and passions to improve the environment for all humankind. We believe that Psomas is more than a company -- it's a place where each person becomes part of a team and has the opportunity to work on projects that make a difference. Psomas is a place where you can build a career -- from your first job through retirement and all stages in between. We foster collaboration, teamwork, and professional development at every level.
As a Civil Engineer Designer, supporting our Transportation Team in our Downtown Los Angeles office, you will utilize your expertise to organize and execute the technical quality and coordination of a broad range of project assignments requiring solid knowledge of transportation and public works projects.
- Researching and analyzing necessary aspects of the project
- Investigating and coordinating utilities
- Designing any and all aspects of the transportation realm including traffic flow, streets and highways, road/storm/sewer drainage, signage, striping grading
- Responsible for organizing and executing the technical performance of project assignments requiring solid knowledge of transportation and infrastructure on public works projects
- Under supervision, providing support to project team for all necessary design services, direction, coordination, and follow-up on the work duties assigned to ensure high quality deliverables are prepared, efficiency levels are maintained, and client satisfaction exceeded
- Design efforts will be concentrated in transportation engineering, to include: research & analysis, engineering studies, street and highway design, transit and alternative modes, storm/sewer drainage design, and utility coordination
- Understanding client goals and communicating effectively with an attention to client satisfaction
- Assisting with transportation related reports for roadway projects
- Organizing and executing technical aspects of project assignments
- Maintaining project files and project documents
- Attend meetings with clients, preparing notes and exhibits, as required
- Bachelor's Degree in civil engineering or related degree
- EIT (or in process)
- Knowledge in computer software utilized in the transportation industry including AutoCAD
- Familiarity with AASHTO, Caltrans and local municipality design and procedures, regulatory compliance and agency coordination.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong oral and written communication skills
With a people-first philosophy, we continue to embrace initiatives for a forward-thinking, modern day workplace. From bright, flexible office spaces to diversity and inclusion efforts, Psomas is a company that leads with intention and embodies a set of core values. We offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- Strong pay + bonus programs
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental & Vision (through Kaiser, Cigna and VSP) + FSA, Life Insurance, Long/Short Term Disability
- Psomas Pshares retirement + 401(k) plans
- Hybrid + flexible work schedules
- Work + life balance with paid holidays + PTO
- Subsidized Public Transportation and Parking Program
- Mentoring, tuition reimbursement + career development
- Psomas perk events, activities, celebrations, swag + more!
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.