We all face challenges and transitions in our lives, and when we do, we must be able to count on the strength of community for support. For the people of Los Angeles, Jewish Family Service LA (JFSLA) is that trusted source of support. We are a comprehensive network of services that welcomes individuals and families of all ages and identities to our full spectrum of care. Our highly trained staff and volunteers work closely with individuals and their loved ones to problem-solve and guide them on their paths to safety, security, wellness, and fulfillment.
JFSLA staff share in our mission and work towards our goals with the highest level of responsibility, professionalism, and integrity. JFS demonstrates our commitment to our staff by offering a comprehensive benefits package and a nurturing environment.
JFSLA is committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion and connectedness. In recruiting for our team, we seek the unique contributions that individuals can bring from all backgrounds. We strive for a diverse team in order to better serve our clients and ensure our excellence as an organization in identifying, designing and delivering solutions.
Be part of our commitment and join our family. For more information on our philosophy and services, please tour our website www.jfsla.org
The Client Technology Access Coordinator will engage older adult clients to access services through technology. Our new Older Adult Technology Program will offer devices and assistance to clients to help them connect to Zoom based platforms offering arts, wellness and engagement activities, case management and mental health services. This role will be a primary interface role with clients and caregivers to engage, promote the program, provide troubleshooting, coordinate schedules, and generally ensure that clients and caregivers are successfully able to access services. The coordinator must be an outgoing, responsible person who has a desire to work with older adults who may be homebound, enriching their lives with the technology to access creative programs, events, and services. The Client Technology Access Coordinator works under the direct supervision of the Director of Arts, Wellness and Engagement (AWE) Program. The position partners with a Client Help Desk Coordinator who will provide technical support and training for clients. The program will maintain and assist existing clients and engage new clients as per program and grant funding goals.
- Prior experience working with an older adult population
- Strong cultural sensitivity and ability to work with a multicultural client base
- Bilingual, Russian, or Spanish a plus
- Valid and unrestricted California Driver's license and good driving record.
- Reliable transportation is required to travel between work sites and client homes
- Understanding of social services and community resources
- Technology savvy and excitement about engaging others/clients toward life enhancement through technology
- Strong verbal, written communication skills
- Effective organizational and program development skills including community-based outreach and client engagement
- Must be flexible, able to meet deadlines and have solid follow up skills toward project completion
- Strong computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Word, Outlook, ZOOM and Excel as well as Internet resources
- Must pass a criminal background check (Live Scan fingerprinting) prior to beginning employment
- Create overall client user friendly virtual support program
- Interface with clients and caretakers/family members individually to determine enrollment interest via home visit and/or phone contact
- Interface with clients and caregivers post enrollment with regularly scheduled check ins
- Troubleshoot any basic assistance needed to ensure success for clients/caregivers in using platform-based teleconferencing. Provide back-up to help desk specialist for basic training and support as needed
- Coordinate schedules for clients to promote client use of services, including electronic/phone reminders for scheduled events. Assistance in creating electronic schedule and adding weekly events to client calendars; setting up electronic reminders etc.
- Collaborate with Older Adult Services programs/staff for referrals of new users and promotion of program
- Assist program staff with training on remote engagement practices to enhance client virtual service delivery
- Identify additional community resources as needed providing subsidized equipment and internet connectivity
- In support of the agency vision to promote older adult accessibility of Arts, Wellness and Engagement Programming, Case Management and Mental Health and other services, this position will partner with Activities Coordinators, Case Managers, and Clinical Therapists working with older adult clients.
- Drive to client homes and engage them in the program offerings and preview the technology devices
- Prepare monthly statistical reports in accordance with funding source
- Track client participation numbers to measure activity success as well as grant related metrics
- Create outreach engagement information and other collateral material to promote program
- Other related duties as assigned
Jewish Family Service is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.