CMDM Software Engineer - Associate Director (Secret Clearance)
Onsite Location: El Segundo, CA or Hanover MD
Required: Active DoD Secret Clearance
No 1099, No third parties, no C2C.No exceptions (Sorry).
W2 Contract Only for 18-24 months
GeoLogics is looking for a proven Associate Director Software Engineer to join our Software Engineering team in El Segundo, California or Hanover, MD. The Space, GNS (Global Positioning System & Navigation Systems) and STE (Special Test Equipment) Department is a key strategic member of the Software Engineering Organization. GNS Programs support a variety of applications such as amphibious assault vehicles, aviation, maritime, munitions and handheld devices.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical degree.
- Developing Real time Embedded Software in C/C++ and/or Ada with minimum 10+ years' of experience
- Using Green Hills Integrity Real-time Operating Systems, Board Support Packages (BSP), Green Hills Multi IDE , Wind River VxWorks for C/C++ or related operating systems
- Applying highly advanced technologies and concepts with ingenuity and resourcefulness in developing SW architecture and design; the architecture and design would be consistent with systems requirement and interface designs
- Working with digital signal processing or wireless communication technology
- Producing robust, well-documented, production-quality code which includes conforming to design and coding standards, implementing of error handling routines, etc.
- Using Microsoft Visual Studio and Matlab
- Troubleshooting and resolving issues associated with development and implementation
- Working effectively in a large team software engineering development environment during all phases of the software development life-cycle
- Communicating effectively with team members across disciplines, project management, and customers
- Contributing to program and customer meetings and reviews
- Writing technical documents such as software requirements and design documents
- Using Configuration Management tools
- Applying software development best practices and processes
- Using MS Office or other presentation tools
- Technical leadership experience to a team of engineers
- Experience developing proposal and ROM
- Working knowledge with MIL-STD-1553, IS-GPS-153 Serial Interface protocol
- Experience in real-time development and architecture for GPS Receiver software
- Experience with next-generation GPS Receiver that is P(Y)-code, M-code, and C/A-code (YMCA) capable as well as having Anti-spoof capability
- Experience in algorithm and hardware design
- Experience developing Test Procedures using Test Framework (TF), performing IV&V, using Python (and other scripting language), and testing with STE
- Working knowledge of signal selection, acquisition and tracking, Position, Velocity, and Time (PVT) calculation, data demodulation, signal correction, jamming and spoofing or related applications
- Working in a matrixed environment with Integrated Product Teams (IPTs)
- Understanding of Board Support Package for ARM Processor, Atom Processor, and PPC
- Understanding the basics of FORTRAN, ClearCase, ClearQuest, and DOORS
- Being familiar with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Continuous Integration, Static Code Analysis using Coverity, Unit Test using VectorCast, and Test Driven Methodologies
- Understanding of standard system engineering design artifacts such as Use Cases
- Developing software using industry standard process such as Capability Maturity Model Integrated (CMMI) Level 3
- Experience with DO-178 highly preferred
- Requirements analysis, software design, coding, testing, and documentation
- This role will be working with product development of a next-generation GPS Receiver that is P(Y)-code, M-code, and C/A-code (YMCA) capable as well as having Anti-spoof capability.
- We are looking for Software Integration of both Ada/C/C++, real time embedded programming and signal processing.
Please respond to Meredith Baldwin with your interest level, recent copy of your resume and your availability for a call to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran. GeoLogics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
NOTE: US Citizenship is required for this defense related position. We cannot work with outside agencies of any kind in filling this long term W2 hourly contract