American University of Health Sciences is looking for an experienced English as a Second Language (ESL)/Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Program Approval Curriculum Developer & Instructor who is dedicated to overseeing AUHS’ English language program/curriculum, as well as teaching and assessing students about the English language. The candidate will be teaching ESL at the Associates Degree level for the University. The candidate must acquire a teaching plan to achieve steady and evident progression in students’ learning, and apply detailed pedagogical structures for lectures, presentations, and more. Lastly, the candidate must also create a classroom environment that is student-centered and develop a positive and communicative teacher-student rapport.
The ESL/TESOL Program Approval Curriculum Developer & Instructor will collaborate with members of the General Education faculty on problem-solving, efficiency improvement, and recognizing students’ needs.
The candidate must be certified to teach English as a Second Language. A Master’s Degree in Education or English and healthcare experience is preferred. Experience in working or teaching in the healthcare field is also preferred. The candidate should have at least 2 years of experience teaching ESL and the experience is ideally in similar teaching, educational experience, preparation, or ability. The candidate must approach English skills from a real-life perspective, focusing on conversational and job-related communication skills.
Primary Role & Responsibility
The primary role and responsibilities of the ESL/TESOL Program Approval Curriculum Developer & Instructor are listed as follows:
· Develop the curriculum content, lesson plans, and syllabi for each course including resources for effective teaching methods and strategies.
· Plan, organize, and provide instruction in English that meet state and federal standards, and accrediting and approving agencies.
· Help prepare, complete, and lead all accreditation and approval visits.
· Provide instruction that is consistent and coordinated with the AUHS’ instructional program and values to ensure that students meet and exceed learning outcomes.
· Adapt curriculum and remedial/support academic instructions and manage library resources.
· Develop academic and assessment tools for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning outcomes and learning progression.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required. Master’s or Doctorate in TESOL, AND CELTA or DELTA Certification are highly preferred, but no less than a Bachelor’s Degree.
· Must hold a TEFL/TESL or CELTA/DELTA certification or be in the process of obtaining one. Other teaching certificates are also accepted.
· One or more foreign language ability is a plus.
· At least 2 years of curriculum development and instructor/training experience.
· Thorough knowledge of educational practices, especially in the field of ESL/EFL.
· Full-time or Part-time.
American University of Health Sciences (AUHS) is a Christian-based, minority-serving university that educates and prepares students for careers in the healthcare domain. AUHS values faith in God and love for the entire humankind. At AUHS, students are taught that everyone deserves quality healthcare and a pleasant, rewarding life built on the wellness of the body, mind, and spirit.