At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Location: LOS ANGELES, SAN DIEGO, SAN JOSE, PORTLAND, SEATTLE
Businesses face continuing challenges to adapt to increased resource and cost pressures due to accelerating regulatory complexity and the need to better leverage technology and data. EY Law serves high-profile, national and multinational clients. EY Law’s Entity Compliance and Governance (“ECG”) practice is focused on helping clients effectively manage statutory corporate secretarial compliance and ad routine compliance obligations proactively and responsibly. Our quality service and technical network enable you to help clients reduce inefficiencies, mitigate risk and drive process improvement within their legal function. ECG is a component of EY’s larger Legal Managed Services practice.
We currently have a career opportunity for a Senior in our ECG practice. Our market-leading approach combines extensive local expertise and project management experience with standard global compliance methodology providing clients an integrated service that unlocks the potential of the compliance and reporting function across the entire governance process. Mentored by nationally recognized professionals (including the firm’s most senior talent), you’ll be a trusted business advisor by delivering on our promises to our stakeholders - and play a critical role in building a better working world.
At EY, you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued. We offer a flexible career progression model that allows for a variety of challenging opportunities throughout your career. We provide unparalleled coaching, mentoring, and career development programs; global opportunities; and state of the art technology-driven methodologies to help you provide quality service to our clients.
ECG assists in design, implementation and operation of global entity compliance and governance processes for our clients’ legal departments. Our capabilities include implementation of centrally managed global outsourcing/cosourcing models that provide clients with greater control and visibility over entity compliance and governance activities, access to global team members with expertise (tax, finance, payroll, legal, corporate governance, tax technology and data analytics), and development of new operating models to address new markets entry, finance transformation initiatives integration, and implementation of shared service centers. You’ll assist in the migration of legal entity reporting and governance compliance processes from local countries to the centers, validation and governance utilizing one global platform to track the end-to-end process and provide subsidiary governance throughout legal-entity life cycle to mitigate risk and increase corporate transparency.
In addition: generate an inventory legal statutory compliance requirements, potential risk areas assessments, and develop operating blueprints to implement effective management and visibility over the global compliance and reporting function and help leverage big data and data analytics to align the local record-to-report process and global tax accounting, compliance, controversy and planning. As a Senior, you’ll work on engagements that span 60+ countries with local teams of 300+ people.
Skills and attributes for success
- Scoping of new opportunities: develop proposals and participate in oral presentations; provide high-quality services/work products; build relationships with clients understanding their unique needs to provide a tailored service
- Build technical competence: keep updated on global trends, developments and regulations and apply them
- Understand EY methodologies/tools to enhance service delivery, challenge current procedures to find new approaches
- Managing, coaching and developing a team of subsidiary governance professionals
- Work to balance project economics against client expectations and service guarantees
To qualify for the role you must have
- Bachelor's degree in a related field, supported by significant legal experience; JD/LLM preferred
- Active state bar membership, NALA, NFPA or progress toward certification
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in professional tax organization, law firm or alternative legal services organization
- Broad exposure to federal income taxation, statutory reporting, subsidiary governance, corporate law, or other related compliance activities
- Strong analytical skills, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills; problem-solving ability and attention to detail
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Client-facing exposure in a global role
- Experience working with global network of professionals
- Understanding of a typical legal entity lifecycle
What we look for
We seek candidates with strong legal function knowledge, demonstrated ability to team with and motivate others, and demonstrated ability to build meaningful and influential relationships with clients and colleagues.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.