Requisition ID: 129999
Mass Electric Transportation is hiring early career field/office engineers to support projects with an emphasis on transit and light rail.
• Field Operations: Interpret drawings and specifications for field crews and craft, prepare work plans and work packages, order and schedule material deliveries, coordinate equipment and material logistics for field crews, assist in field inspections, promote safety and quality of field operations
• Office Engineering: Perform takeoffs from drawings, assist in pricing change orders, provide field support and supervise subcontractor operations, track performance of field and office activities, provide contractually required submittals and other documents
• Support construction activities by planning, organizing and implementing the following functions: project controls system, engineering interface, subcontractor equipment and material management, purchasing and scheduling.
• Assist project management in expediting material deliveries, estimating and processing change orders, preparing monthly billings and progress estimates.
• Participate in, contribute to, and as necessary lead project meetings focusing on status updates and other materials
• May serve as a discipline engineer or as a lead on a small project.
• May share superintendent responsibilities for small operations and/or crews
• Ability to travel and relocate initially and throughout your career
• Bachelor’s degree in construction management, civil engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, or a related degree.
• 0-3 years of construction experience including Infrastructure/Heavy Civil projects preferred
• Strong work ethic — willing to do what it takes to get the job done. This position will require more than 40 hours/week and potentially non-standard work hours (nights/weekends).
• Leadership experience
• Ability to freely access all points of a construction site in wide-ranging climates and environment
• Highly motivated and strong sense of personal accountability, with a demonstrated passion for excellence and taking initiative
• Demonstrated commitment to ethics, stewardship and integrity
• Passion for safety, with the ability to help us ensure that nobody gets hurt
• Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
• Team player with the ability to work independently to meet deadlines, goals and objectives
• Strong organization, time management, and attention to detail
• Passion for learning and innate drive for self-improvement
• Must have a valid Driver’s License
• Ability to work in the United States without sponsorship, both now and in the future
- Absent an approved exemption, due to federal, state, local, provincial and/or client-requirements, this position may require an individual to be fully vaccinated by an FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccine or undergo weekly testing upon hire and as a condition of continued employment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.