In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and an essential driver of the explosive growth of esports. In the years since, Riot has launched additional games, new esports, music, live experiences, and, most recently with the launch of the Emmy-nominated show "Arcane." At the center of everything is our community of players and our desire to reward their fandom by improving the player experience. We believe that games will become the cultural form of entertainment and audiences will want to engage with their favorite IP across immersive, interactive, lean back, and in-real life experiences. We're expanding Riot's Entertainment ("REG") team to bring our characters, stories, and worlds to players around the world in high impact ways. This team will imagine and develop new experiences and products across Film/TV, Animation, Narrative Driven Games, Consumer Products, and beyond. We will foster collaboration with Games, Esports, and Publishing teams to deliver rich, cross-product experiences that deepen players' and fans' connections to our IP and to each other.
To support these efforts and build a global Film and TV studio, we are looking for a finance professional to help us implement our upcoming slate. The Head of Production Finance - Film/TV will set strategy for and overseeing the daily operations of Riot Entertainment's Production Finance department, providing financial oversight and support throughout the life-cycle of all our productions, from development through post-production. You will partner with the Global Head of Business Operations to build a full-fledged Production Finance team, and to develop new processes, rituals, and workflows, to support Riot's slate of live action and animated feature films and television series. You will have hands-on experience with a variety of feature film and TV productions, including all aspects of calculating and obtaining domestic and international production incentives. You will exercise oversight of production accountants, and will ensure collaboration between and among line producers, production accountants, and studio executives, and between and among studio production, finance, and business affairs departments.
- Build Production Finance team and manage its daily work
- Manage preparation of production incentive filings for all entities and regions
- Cultivate relationships and communicate frequently with line producers and production accounting teams to ensure costs are tracked, data is accurate, and proper procedures are being followed
- Help with internal and external audits
- Evaluate procedures based on necessary compliance, audit review, and periodic changes in the location environment(s)
- Have a current understanding of California labor laws and major applicable union requirements to ensure Riot is following industry standard practices, and a minor understanding of global employment rules and regulations that pertain to traveling Riot staff
- Provide support to Film/TV leadership on special projects
- 10+ years of production finance experience, including production accounting, line production, contingent workforce management, and vendor management.
- 4+ years of management experience, with demonstrated responsibility for coordinating the successful execution of large-scale events, including those in international locations.
- In-depth knowledge of entertainment industry production, systems, software and process.
- Experience with union shows and guidelines in multiple formats.
- Extreme proficiency in building budgets for large productions.
- Experience capturing incremental financial opportunities through optimization of existing expenses (e.g., vendor selection/consolidation/negotiation, strategic event design).
- Summarize goals and incorporate feedback from, multiple team members to ensure events align with all broader Entertainment goals.
- Help establish relationships with colleagues from a variety of departments.
Riot has a focus on work/life balance, shown by our open paid time off policy, in addition to other perks such as flexible work schedules. We offer medical, dental, and life insurance, parental leave for you, your spouse/domestic partner and children, and a 401k with company match. Check out our benefits pages for more information.
Riot Games fosters a player and workplace experience that values teamwork embodied by the Summoner's Code and Community Code. Our culture embraces differences as a strength, and our values are the guiding principles for how we approach work. We are committed to putting diversity and inclusion (D&I) at the center of everything we do, and promoting a fair and collaborative culture where Rioters treat one another with dignity and respect. We encourage you to read more about our value of thriving together and our ongoing work to build the most inclusive company in Gaming.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.