As the pace of change accelerates, educational institutions are on the hunt for precedents and prototypes from other fields that help them evolve and integrate programs, consolidate and use space efficiently, and plan flexibly for generational and other shifts. In dynamic and complex times, society needs educated workers, leaders, and citizens to transform our world. We apply global experience from every sector as we use design to address these issues with our clients and arrive at innovative solutions.
We are looking for a talented Higher Education Leader to help build our expertise in the Southwest region.
Practice Area Leaders must have deep knowledge and expertise in project delivery and thought leadership in their area of expertise to partner with our clients and project teams in delivering best in class strategy and design services. Gensler's Southwest region is seeking someone to lead and build our team and strengthen our architectural expertise and client relationship base in our Education Practice Area. This leader will reside in our either Los Angeles or Newport Beach office.
What You Will Do
- Offer expertise and provide support for EDU initiatives
- Knowledge of Higher Education Industry: Community College, CSU, UC, Private Institutions
- Recognized Leader by Clients; contribute to the ongoing management of clients and expand new client relationships
- Recognized Higher Education Leader by Industry; develop and maintain relationships with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Collaborate with the Gensler's network of leadership in office, region, and firmwide
- Support the Gensler's Resilience principles for short and long-range project opportunities
- Maintain organizational communications and education programs.
- Build effective partnerships with external organizations to support the Gensler's.
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture
- Minimum of 15 years of demonstrated experience working with Higher Education clients
- Licensed in CA
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Independent, analytical thinker
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work within a diverse, cross-discipline teams
- Understanding of Higher ED project typologies
- Understanding of multiple delivery methods: DB, DBB, CMAR, Multi-Prime
TO BE CONSIDERED, PLEASE SUBMIT CURRENT PORTFOLIO/WORK SAMPLES IN PDF FORMAT.
Life at Gensler
At Gensler, we are as committed to enjoying life as we are to delivering best-in-class design. From curated art exhibits to internal design competitions to "Well-being Week," our offices reflect our people's diverse interests.
We encourage every person at Gensler to lead a healthy and balanced life. Our comprehensive benefits include medical, dental, vision, disability, wellness programs, flex spending, paid holidays, and paid time off. We also offer a 401k, profit sharing, employee stock ownership, and twice annual bonus opportunities.
As part of the firm's commitment to licensure and professional development, Gensler offers reimbursement for certain professional licenses and associated renewals and exam fees. We view our professional development programs as strategic investments in our future.