The Westin Pasadena is an upscale hotel, minutes from the Pasadena Museum of California Art, Pasadena Civic Auditorium and the Rose Bowl stadium. Our rooms feature contemporary furnishings, work desks, coffeemakers, flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi. Amenities include a heated outdoor pool and an exercise room. Our lobby bar and restaurant offers healthy Californian cuisine indoors or on our stylish shaded terrace. With over 20,000 square feet of meeting/events rooms, there is never a dull moment at the Westin Pasadena. Come join the most amazing team in beautiful Pasadena, home of the famous New Years day Rose Parade. This is a full-time position offering competitive pay, medical, dental, vision and much much more.
This is a great opportunity for an indivdual wanting to grow and be developed into a Human Resources professional. This is rare opportunity as this position has not been available for almost ten years!
The pay rate is based on this position being an entry level hourly position.
Start a new Career with HEI Hotels & Resorts at the Westin Pasadena--- APPLY TODAY!!!
- - Conduct day to day operation of the Human Resources department which includes: Greeting internal and external guests to the Human Resources department, administer company benefits programs, conducting enrollments, answering questions and troubleshooting problems.
- Assist associates whenever possible with requests and/or information. Attempt to answer associate questions and/or address associate concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist in the recruiting, screening and interviewing for all management and non-management hotel positions. Assist the Human Resources Director or Human Resources Manager in directing and instructing the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and effective associates. Schedule interviews and process related paperwork.
- Create and update Human Resources bulletin boards and other posting locations as needed.
- Distribute paychecks as needed.
- Maintain accurate and updated department and associate files.
- Explain elements of various benefits to associates as required and assist with enrollment and claims processing.
- Assist with associate relations events and recognition, as needed, e.g. Associate of the Month program, Associate Anniversary Awards program, etc.
- Process benefits enrollments and other functions electronically, as required.
- Monitor and update job requisitions as required. Communicate hotel job openings internally and externally, via bulletin board postings, telephone, letters, referral contacts, telephone Hot Line, etc. pursuant to Company policy.
- Coordinate all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Process all transfer requests in the required time frame.
- Respond to all interviewed applicants via telephone or letter within required time frame.
- Assist Director of Human Resources or Human Resources Manager in achieving goals and objectives as identified in hotel annual Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
- Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
- Maintain applicant flow log/data.
- Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
Find us in the heart of one of California's most exciting cities, with easy access to cultural sites such as the Historic Old Town Pasadena, museums, restaurants, and the Rose Bowl Stadium. We're also only a short distance from the Pasadena Convention Center. We offer 350 newly renovated guest rooms and 18 unique suites, all boasting our signature white Heavenly® Bed with a pillow-top mattress. Many rooms offer great courtyard or mountain views, and all are furnished with the uplifting Heavenly® Bath.Our hotel offers Associates with many unique benefits such as discounted garage parking, discounted dry cleaning & laundry services and a free meal during each shift. We take pride in our community by volunteering as a group for Walks, Children's Events as well as supporting our furry friends in the local pet rescues. Our CARE committee supports the Community, Associates and the Environment through active volunteering, holding creative & fun events and collecting donations. As a Hotel, we know that Everything Communicates, so taking care of our Associates is extremely important to us. Happy Associates make happy Guests - and that is what it is all about! We look forward to you joining our fast pace, driven, big-little work family. Westin Pasadena - One Team, One Goal!Don't meet every single requirement of this job? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At HEI we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to still send in your information. You may be the perfect candidate for this or for other roles within our organization!We value U.S. military experience and invite all qualified military candidates to apply.