Leon Cycle is seeking a resourceful HR Generalist to our team! The HR Generalist works closely with the HR Manager and the department to ensure all the HR initiatives and programs are delivered properly to our team. They will be the first point of contact for various HR matters throughout our various locations in US and Canada. This role is highly detailed, organized, and able to juggle multiple tasks at once while providing genuine and prompt support to the entire team.
- Provide employee day to day general support by answering questions related to their terms of employment, policies and entitlements under applicable laws, employee relations, and benefit/IRA assistance
- Support full recruitment cycle by posting job openings on relevant websites. Maintain applicant files, conducting initial screening, scheduling of applicants as required, and assist with reference checks and offer letter draft up
- Provide orientation and onboarding to new employees, ensuring new hire documentation is complete, relevant certifications are provided and building access and company property are set up; create on boarding plans and scheduling 1:1 as required
- Completing day to day HR tasks such as updating contacts and organization charts, update employee communication boards, draft confirmation of employment letters, etc
- Confirm immigration documents meet the terms to be legally entitled to work in Canada/US. Communicate with employees and managers to obtain updated documentation.
- Maintain accurate and up to date employee files, updating relevant trackers, and updating basic information in the payroll/benefits system
- Assist with transition of payroll services and biweekly payroll needs such as vacation, sick leave, and other leave tracking
- Assist with offboarding tasks including deactivation of access, removal on company distribution lists, exit interview, and company announcement
- Coordinate and assist with various HR needs such as performance reviews and employee engagement survey
- Research and plan various team events, lunch and learn sessions, and other engagement needs for staff
- Oversee the Health & Safety Program and ensure all concepts are equipped with proper first aid and health & safety resources
- Research and provide updates to state/provincial laws and changes to the Employment Standards Act (ESA)
- Assist HR Manager with research on various ESA and state/provincial laws for policy creation
- Support HR Manager with explaining and implementing various HR Policies & Procedures
- Provide other support to the HR Manager
Key Experience & Skills
- 3-4 years experience working in a HR Specialist or Generalist role, supporting teams in various provinces/states
- Bachelor or Diploma level education in Business with a Human Resources focus preferred
- General knowledge of California employment law, health and safety and other related laws
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to build positive working relationships with all levels of people within an organization.
- Strong focus on service excellence and a proactive approach to seek information and solutions.
- Must be highly organized with an excellent level of accuracy and follow through on tasks.
- Strong numeracy skills and experience processing information into useful reports.
- Highly computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office
- Professional demeanor and ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and judgement.
- Reliable and personable; enjoy working with a diverse range of individuals and ensuring employee requirements and needs are met first
- Eagerness to learn with passion in all Human Resource and Health & Safety matters
- Highly organized with a strong eye for detail
Why Work at Leon Cycle?
- Generous benefits program by the company that start on first day of hire
- Employee discount on ebikes, accessories, and more
- Growing in a startup, you will have a gain a lot of experience in various aspects of HR to become a fulsome HR Professional
- Other fun employee perks and team building events
About Leon Cycle:
Leon Cycle is an e-bike business established in Germany in 2014 and has since developed business operations in over 12 countries across Europe, North America and APAC. Leon Cycle offers a range of e-bike models from mountain bikes, folding e-bikes, and trekking e-bikes. Our range of products are sold via both our own online website as well as E-Commerce platforms and via our own retail stores and franchise as well as dealer networks worldwide.
Leon Cycle is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Accessible America Act during the application process are available upon request.