Responsible for all the Westmont Group Human Resources in supporting organizational effectiveness, leading change, managing talent, acting as a coach & confidant, demonstrating functional excellence, building relationships through efficient/effective administration of HR services. You must be curious to understand the business’ objectives and be able to analyze how effectively these objectives can be supported from an HR perspective.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support employee development, workforce management, continuous improvement and other key company initiatives with strategic HR solutions and oversight.
- Support talent and organizational development - conduct organization assessments and upgrade talent through strategic staffing and talent pipeline development
- Support recruitment / onboarding/transfer processes for exempt / nonexempt personnel, interns, and temps (manufacturing/technical/professional/managerial positions), including drug test / background investigation and manager/department coordination; monitor career-path program, administer job requisitions / postings.
- Recommend / Develop new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements in department goals, objectives and system / service efficiency; and ensure the documentation of policy and practices are accurate.
- Maintain Human Resource Information System records and compile reports from database.
- Resolve employee relations issues as they may occur, interfacing with various levels of management. Nourish a positive employee relations environment through the application of fair, consistent and equitable Human Resources practices.
- Strategize, research, create and own ideas for employee engagement initiatives and culture enhancements.
- Administers employee performance processes including: employee relations investigations, counseling, corrective/disciplinary actions, performance improvement plans, and exit interviews
- Maintain HR metrics, identify trends, and implement process improvement
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all personal information.
- Any and all other duties as assigned by management.
- Safety, health and welfare matters to ensure the Company complies with its statutory obligations (preferred)
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years Human Resource experience or equivalent training.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with a minimum of supervision.
- Good communication skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (preferred)
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORKING CONDITIONS
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to sit, walk and stand; talk or hear, both in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; and lift up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work under typical office conditions, and the noise level is usually quiet to moderate. In certain assignments, an employee may work near moving equipment and be exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, biological hazards, airborne fumes, outdoor weather conditions and loud, prolonged noise.
Job Type: Full-time