Align yourself with an organization that has a reputation for excellence! Cedars-Sinai was awarded the National Research Corporation’s Consumer Choice Award 19 years in a row for providing the highest-quality medical care in Los Angeles. We were also awarded the Advisory Board Company’s Workplace of the Year. This recognizes hospitals and health systems nationwide that have outstanding levels of employee engagement. Join us! Discover why U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America’s Best Hospitals.
Tell me about the role:
This position functions to perform clinical and clerical duties in the outpatient clinic to provide quality patient care. The Medical Oncology LVN will work closely with the physicians and other clinic personnel to facilitate patient care and patient flow for The Angeles Clinic and Research Institute. She/he will interact directly with patients, both in person at the time of clinic appointments and visits, as well as by telephone to respond to inquiries. This position includes responsibilities of a Medical Surgical Technician to support and assist the physician(s) and clinical staff in the delivery of health care by performing a variety of patient care duties and tasks related to surgical patient needs.
Why Work Here?
Beyond an outstanding benefit package with health and dental insurance, vacation, and a 403(b) we take pride in hiring the best employees. Our accomplished staff reflects the culturally and ethnically diverse community we serve. They are proof of our commitment to creating a dynamic, inclusive environment that fuels innovation.
At Cedars-Sinai, we are dedicated to the safety, health and well-being of our patients and employees. This includes protecting our patients from communicable diseases, such as influenza (flu). For this reason, we require that all new employees receive a flu vaccine based on the seasonal availability of flu vaccine (typically during September through March each year) as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter as a condition of continued employment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities, in this job you will:
- Prepares the clinic for patient visits by participating in daily clinic tasks including but not limited to stocking and cleaning exam rooms, calibrating weight scales, checking refrigerator temps, retrieving lab reports from the lab, stocking the fax and printers, reviewing and distributing incoming faxes, and other duties.
- Prepares patient charts for the upcoming day and prints patient schedule, obtain patient charts, review progress notes and retrieve any outstanding test results needed on the chart prior to the patient’s visit.
- Takes vital signs, reviews patient current medication/allergies
- Assists physicians in examining and treating patients
- Administers oral, intramuscular, subcutaneous, topical, or intra-dermal medications after the medication has been properly verified for the 5 rights of medication administration (patient, medication, dose, route, and frequency)
- Starts IVs as needed.
- Triages and directs telephone calls for physicians, nurses and laboratory needs.
- Arranges for outpatient orders and services (including, but not limited to transfusions, home health, physical therapy, medical equipment, etc).
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current and valid California License
- IV/Phlebotomy Certified
- BLS from the American Heart Association and/or the American Red Cross
- 2 or more years of experience in an inpatient or outpatient medical setting with Surgical Tech specialty experience preferred
- Oncology experience preferred
- Ability to set up exam rooms/procedure rooms using sterile/aseptic technique with appropriate instruments or trays.
- Ability to prepare patient for office visit/procedures
- Ability to correctly perform vital signs and accurately document and record significant data.
- Ability to correctly prepare lab work/specimens for pick up.
- Ability to perform designated testing and specimen collection.
- Understanding of cleaning, sterilization of autoclaving procedures.
Working Title:LVN -The Angeles Clinic - Oncology
Department:Angeles Clinic - Wilshire
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Shift Length:8 hour shift