- Our client is a global entertainment company based in West Hollywood, with offices in West Hollywood and London. They engages in a variety of activities including TV and music production, artist and athlete management, sports franchising, IP licensing, and fashion design.
- Execute monthly and quarterly close, including reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, as well as quarterly and annual global consolidation
- Prepare quarterly unaudited and annual audited financial statements
- Compile key financial metrics and prepare report for management on a monthly basis
- Develop financial models on an ad-hoc basis
- Perform forecasting and other financial analysis on an ad-hoc basis
- Lead project budgeting and analysis
- Manage the work performed by auditors to complete annual audit
- Oversee and manage the tax compliance work performed by outside accounting firm, including corporation, partnership, and limited liability company state and federal tax returns
- Manage daily general ledger entry and maintenance
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, and cash management processes
- Work with Finance Director on the treasury function of the company
- Research and US GAAP apply accounting guidance, as needed
- Maintain and follow internal controls and accounting policies to ensure the integrity of financial reporting
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience, with entertainment industry experience a plus.
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Excel and other MS Office programs
- Experience with Sage/Intacct accounting software a plus
- Flexible; able to work in an environment where priorities change regularly, and continual process improvement is expected.
- Takes initiative and strong ability to collaborate across entire organization