Redbarn® Pet Products is a manufacturer of premium pet food, treats, and chews. For over 25 years, Redbarn has been a family-owned business, and our co-founders, Jeff and Howie, are committed to staying that way. What began in 1996 as two lifelong best friends cooking in a kitchen has flourished into what they call, one big family. Jeff and Howie are honored to have many talented people who've worked beside them for 25 years now and to support a team of more than 500 today. Together, we work every day to put a smile on your pet's face.
Here's what you'll do:
The Marketing Brand Manager will lead developing, implementing, and executing marketing strategies to strengthen Redbarn Pet Products market presence, reporting to the VP of Marketing. You will be responsible for continued brand growth and awareness with pet parents, with emphasis on Pet Food. You will work cross-functionally with leadership, sales and e-commerce to execute company strategies for Redbarn Pet Products as a leader in the fast-growing premium pet food and treat market. The right individual will be an experience professional with a passion for pets and is collaborative, insight-driven, entrepreneurial, with a customer first mentality, to execute strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement comprehensive marketing strategies to create awareness, utilizing market insights ensuring best practices and marketing formats are used to effectively reach and engage consumers for continued brand growth. Effectively communicate to executive management recommended strategies.
- Ability to use consumer insights, data and research to identity target audiences and devise campaigns that engage, inform, motivate, and convert to brand awareness and sales.
- Ensure consistent communication of brand strategy, vision messaging and positioning across all audience channels.
- Develop brand via grassroots marketing and creative initiatives, building a strong presence, to reach targeted pet parents and markets.
- Strong ability to analyze data to drive decision-making. Demonstrating analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to create and execute marketing plans that drive sales results.
- Lead marketing and sales ideation that drive company sales goals.
- Participation in sales presentations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to quickly build effective working relationships, values collaboration, and an inclusive work environment.
- Strong project management skills, including adeptness with organizing numerous projects simultaneously and track record of consistently meeting critical deadlines.
- Help manage annual advertising, editorial, and content calendars.
- Creator and provider of content to be used for Redbarn's website, social media channels, blog and any other consumer facing materials.
- Write content for company's editorial coverage and other marketing materials as needed, including, but not limited to press releases, brochures, interview requests, blogs and web content.
- Oversee and manage strategic brand partnerships/sponsorships, as well as fostering relationships with agency partners.
- Serve as liaison and negotiate with pet industry trade magazines and agency partners.
- Lead Crisis Management Communications by developing, implementing, and maintaining crisis communication plan.
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Love of pets!
- 5+ years' experience leading brand strategy and marketing, CPG industry experience a huge plus.
- Experience with consumer insights and research to unlock top of funnel brand awareness.
- Proven ability to use audience insights and behaviors and other signals to develop brand and marketing strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to present, influence others and build relationships.
- Entrepreneurial, passionate, and enthusiastic to work at a family-owned company.
- Ability to adapt to change and frequent realignment of priorities, executing at a tactical level and operate in a fast paced, lean environment.
- Strong creative instinct and ability to think outside the box.
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing or related field.
- Experience with agencies a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically by car or air as needed.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Competitive compensation.
- 401(k) plan - with a competitive match.
- Employee discount program on Redbarn Pet Products.
- Great Benefits - several options including Pet insurance for our animal lovers.
- Collaborative and casual work environment.
- And more.
Redbarn® Pet Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
CCPA Notice. If you are a California resident, and would like to learn more about what categories of personal information we collect when you apply for this job, and how we may use that information, please read our CCPA Job Applicant Notice at Collection at the link below.