The Penhall Company has an immediate opening for a Mechanic to join our team. We are looking for a Small Tools Mechanic with experience working with Small Equipment, concrete cutting equipment, air tools, compressors, small two stroke engines, generators, etc. In this position you will perform the day-to-day maintenance and repair on industrial construction equipment.
Foreman, Superintendent, Drivers, Operators, other skilled laborers
Specific Role Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe working environment. Provide high quality control standards while maintaining high levels of equipment readiness.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair a variety of heavy industrial construction equipment (both diesel & gas powered). Service Truck Provided
- Carry out preventative maintenance and repair programs. Maintain effective equipment maintenance schedules and records on all company equipment and tools.
- Assist Maintenance Manager in the repair and fabrication of equipment by performing basic to advanced welding techniques (MIG, TIG, ARC).
- Analyze parts and supply stock to ensure an adequate and cost-effective inventory.
- Identify and work with outside specialty shops (machine, hydraulic, electrical, etc.) to perform special or time effective work when needed.
- Act as technical expert and advise personnel when to take equipment out of service due to mechanical problems.
- Monitor equipment and tool warranty programs to insure warranty claims are forwarded to Asset Manager for processing
- Assist in maintaining all corporate equipment files including inventory, repair and maintenance, etc.
- Perform additional assignments as requested by supervisors
- No Travel required
- 3 - 5 years' experience working with heavy industrial construction equipment. Technical training in equipment repair and operation or equivalent combination of technical training and experience will be considered.
- Previous experience working with diesel engines, electrical and hydraulic repair is a must.
- Diamond blade equipment service and repair a plus.
- Experienced in basic to advanced welding techniques (MIG, TIG, ARC) is a plus.
- Must possess practical knowledge of the function, operation, and maintenance of construction equipment.
- Work in inclement weather in and around repair facility.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
- Strong construction technical skills and knowledge required
- Strong sense of urgency with a focus on quality and safety.
- Physical exertion required. Including, but not limited to, walking, standing, stooping, bending and lifting up to 90 pounds.
- Basic computer literacy working with MS Office (Excel, Word) and email a plus.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Basic to intermediate arithmetic skills.
Penhall Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Penhall Company encourages qualified females, minorities, veterans, disabled persons to apply.