Guard Medical is looking for experienced and proven medical device sales winners to join us in sharing the NPseal story to lead to Smarter Healing for patients and healthcare practitioners. This position is responsible for launching the NPseal negative pressure dressing in the assigned geography to achieve financial and strategic objectives. This business-critical role requires a self-motivated sales professional with demonstrated past success exceeding sales targets and developing new markets for novel medical devices. As part of the initial members of the Guard Medical sales organization, this individual will have a ground floor unique opportunity to introduce the surgical community to the NPseal dressing and its breakthrough value proposition to patients and healthcare practitioners.
Reporting to VP, Sales & Marketing
- Drive sales through a consultative selling approach
- Achieve assigned sales territory objectives that align with Guard Medical’s business strategy
- Become an expert at understanding the healthcare partner’s unmet needs as it comes to the management and protection of closed surgical incisions
- Effectively communicate the clinical, ease-of-use, and cost-savings benefits of NPseal compared to traditional dressings and NPWT competitive offerings
- Develop and manage relationships with key customer decision-makers including physicians, nurses, materials management administrators and decision-makers, and Operating Room staff
- Navigate the New Product Evaluation committee process to gain approval of NPseal products
- Build and cultivate relationships with key customers and KOLs within assigned geography
- Lead and Support nursing in-service sessions as needed and requested
- Partner with internal Guard Medical groups on marketing needs and development activity
- Travel to key healthcare (ie. Surgical society meetings) and company meetings as required
- Conduct sales activity in strict compliance with FDA regulations and Code of Conduct (e.g. Sunshine Act) policies
- Ensure all required sales contacts, activities, and reporting forms are maintained accurately
- Maintain vendor credentials to work in hospitals and other medical facilities as required
- Manage travel and expenses per approved budget and timelines
- Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 5 years related medical device sales experience in the hospital or surgery center setting, focused on Colorectal, General Surgery, OB/GYN, and Plastic Surgery specialties
- Start-up company experience selling disruptive surgical products desirable but not required
- Proof of solid relationships with HCPs and Hospital contacts and deep insights within assigned geography
- Outstanding customer-focused skills
- Proficient with MS Office applications and other related tools
- Must be able to pass background checks, drug screens, and certain immunizations as required to work in hospital and healthcare settings
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile available for business purposes
- Must be willing and able to travel (by automobile or air, day trips, and overnight stays) more than 50% of the time
Additional benefits to this position:
- Competitive base salary with an uncapped commission plan
- Generous benefits package and paid time off
- Mileage reimbursement and monthly car allowance
COVID-I9 Vaccine Requirement: All Guard Medical employees must maintain vaccination status against the COVID-19 virus. The company will follow an accommodation process for medical or religious exemptions.
Pre and post-employment screening will be required.
Guard Medical is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.