Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership genes? Raytheon Intelligence and Space (RI&S) is the right place for you. We are the leading group for the creation of advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security, and civil space. You might have seen on the web many beautiful images of the Earth, down to fine detail, and you might have been amazed by the discoveries coming back from deep space missions. Behind many of those amazing results are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Technologies. We are looking for the next generation of leaders who will shape the future of space exploration, human spaceflight, and national defense. We are looking for you. To learn more about Raytheon Intelligence and Space, click here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcaKnZRnyCg The Mid-level Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer will create high fidelity simulations and models for space payloads and system design, performance assessment, and flight test support. The Mid-level Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer is responsible for the development and implementation of modeling solutions, and subsequently conducts trade studies and analysis of system and subsystem performance. The Mid-level Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer will work in a team environment, receiving inputs from the team lead and providing guidance and/or direction to other team members. Mid-level Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineers will collaborate with payload engineers, signal processing, and other performance analysis personnel to perform simulation activities according to the program schedule. The Mid-level Modeling/Simulation/Analysis Engineer will work on diverse projects, determine and develop approaches and solutions, in addition providing development support throughout the product lifecycle from initial concept to fielded product. Responsibilities include providing technical support for the simulation products of a specific program, and assisting Senior Modeling Engineers in the preparation of detailed plans (including task objective, expected output, budget requirements and schedule for projects), and may interact with government counterparts as an authority on simulation products. **This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $12,000** Required Skills: * 6+ years demonstrated engineering leadership experience with proven track record.
* Developing signal processing / algorithms or models for space mission applications
* Modeling physics and physical systems as related to space flight dynamics
* Familiar supporting critical design reviews, test readiness reviews, and test review boards
* Familiar with proposal preparation, cost and schedule estimation and technical documentation related to contract deliverable items
* Understanding of test methodologies, system architectures, and troubleshooting
* Experience in programming with MATLAB
* Experience with maintaining a SE VM environment and understanding of SW development and minimal coding proficiency.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work with and communicate with program management and individual contributors on the program team
* Self-starter with ability to troubleshoot and work though challenging tasks.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills, including presentation skills
* Active TS Clearance Desired Skills: * Solid understanding of test methodologies, system architectures, and troubleshooting.
* Proposal support experience including writing Basis of Estimates (BOEs)
* Experience in supporting major competitive government proposals
* Experience with creating and maintaining a technical baseline
* Experience in programming with MATLAB/Simulink
* Systems Engineering experience on a large government software development contract
* Experience in SE process development and deployment
* Experience with complex satellite ground systems, previous deployment of developed systems to ground station operations.
* Experience working Pre-Milestone A / Concept Refinement efforts where the requirements are still be defined. Education Requirements: Required Education: * Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM disciplineDesired Education: * Masters of Science degree in Engineering, Sciences, Math, or related STEM discipline **U.S. Citizenship Status is requires as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems** *In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $86,500 to $160,000; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate's work experience, education/training, and key skills.* Relocation Eligible - Relocation assistance available provided final candidate meets eligibility requirements Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met to receive the Referral Awarding. #Space2021
#IdeasInOrbit Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.