Highly Regarded alternative investment management firm located in LA, is seeking a dynamic paralegal to join their team. The ideal candidate will possess at least three years of experience in the financial services industry, with additional experience preferred in investment management. Other experience will include reviewing and negotiating agreements, administrative compliance with agreements, compliance with regulatory requirements, and coordinating closing of transactions.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Compliance: The paralegal will take meeting minutes, complete and review due diligence questionnaires, work on fund filings, review and file employee compliance reports, work on marketing materials and assist with other compliance-related activities.
- Investment Execution and Servicing: The paralegal will be responsible for the completion and execution of subscription documents, as well as responding to requests from managers and administrators after investments are made. The paralegal will also assist with the review of fund side letters to facilitate elections under most favored nations provisions. Other tasks include coordinating with Cliffwater’s operations team to ensure that funding is timely and documents are executed.
- Non-Disclosure Agreements: The paralegal will assist Cliffwater’s legal team with the review and negotiation of non-disclosure agreements.
- Administrative Compliance with Credit Facility Obligations: The paralegal will coordinate all reports as required under a credit facility, collect and submit required agreements and documentation, and generally assist with the servicing of the credit facility.
- General Corporate: The paralegal will assist with general corporate legal requests and requirements, including corporate and SEC filings, responses to public disclosure requests, and compliance with client contracts.