At Disney our Paralegals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. Youd be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that supports The Walt Disney Company Board of Directors that has oversight of the Companys vast international corporate subsidiary structure. This position will be part of the transformational team working to achieve the departments strategic goals to serve our growing international company.
This position currently reports to: Vice President, Governance Administration & Assistant Secretary for the Office of the Corporate Secretary.
- Forming, dissolving and maintaining domestic and international subsidiaries
- Corporate drafting, including resolutions, consents, certificates, charters, bylaws
- Entity management systems (CSC, Diligent Entities, GEMS or similar)
- Registered agent database (CSC Navigator or similar)
- Electronic document filing and maintenance
- Management of all aspects of subsidiary maintenance, including preparation of internal legal documentation (governing documents, resolutions, consents) and state and local filings relating to legal entity formations, foreign qualifications, dissolutions, name changes, conversions, mergers and fictitious business names
- Maintain corporate data in the entity management system and update manage corporate minute books and records
- Support internal stakeholders in the preparation of resolutions, consents, certificates and production of corporate records and information
- Research industry best practices and make recommendations for new processes and procedures
Heres what you will need to be successful in this role:
- 3+ years paralegal experience
- Corporate entity management experience (preferably managing a large volume of legal entities)
- Proficient knowledge of Delaware and California corporations law and Secretary of State processes, procedures and standards
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- Ability to handle a high volume workload in a fast paced environment with a strong degree of accuracy, efficiency and reliability
- Team-oriented and collaborative approach
- EQ skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you to foster cross-department collaboration
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- Complete discretion handling confidential, often highly sensitive information
- Some flexibility in your schedule we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
It would be great if you also had these skills/experiences:
- Experience working in a large national law firm or in-house at a Fortune 100 company
- Experience with budgeting and legal billing, and matter management software (Legal Tracker)
- Experience drafting policies, procedures and departmental trainings
- Bachelors degree and/or qualification to be a paralegal by certification or education and work experience as set forth by the American Bar Association and any applicable state codes.