Hello my name in Neal Farling and I am a Sr. Recruiter for CRS Group .
I have an Exciting direct order noted below. Please review and if you feel you’re a solid fit , please forward a word resume to me at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
I will reach out with the details for this exciting career opportunity.
Platform Engineer, Must be able to go W-2 thru CRS Group for this role
Duration: 6 months, likely extend……12-18 months
Location: Chicago, IL., Remote for a couple months to on-site down the road,, or 100% remote for the right person
Overview: The CRS Group is currently looking for a Platform Engineer for one of our clients in Chicago, IL. The CRS Group is a nationwide Staffing Firm who works primarily with Fortune 500 and Fortune 1000 corporations.
- Platform Engineer PT 4461 The Platform Engineer performs a critical role delivering the core capabilities and features of a strategic platform.
- This position will be responsible for the delivery of platform enablers including the design, build, security and operationalization of reusable components in support of business products.
- The Platform Engineer is expected to maintain deep technical knowledge of capabilities and features to create platform patterns and technical best-practices with the goal of increasing adoption, operational efficiency, and realized business value for Federal Reserve Bank and Financial Services.
- The level of work required is considered advanced. This position does not have direct reports.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Platform Lifecycle
- Drive design, engineering, implementation and configuration of platform services to support overall enterprise patterns, and reenforcing best practices
- Develop patterns for common platform needs (e.g. logging, monitoring, alerting, backup, encryption, tooling, etc) across all layers of the platform and supporting services.
- Deliver explicit APIs and abstractions that offer flexibility for application developers in leveraging the platform
- Works with business and technology partners to identify, define, interpret and clarify scope of platform integrations
- Partner with Information Security representatives to develop, implement and/or execute security configurations and controls
- Apply and integrate emerging technology trends to new and existing platform enablers
- Support and refine the utilization strategy for the platform and enhance its overall architecture, security, performance and financial aspects
- Contribute to platform, product and architectural roadmaps Platform Administration
- Performs development of common platform components, capabilities and features
- Performs development and advanced platform configurations
- Creates Integrations and/or Connectors between the platform and FRS and other 3rd party applications
- Manages the core security model configurations in accordance with information security Operational Excellence
- Provide Tier 3 Support for core platform services and configuration defect resolution
- Performs new platform release evaluations and assess impact
- Develops and maintains automation for deployments to reduce manual processes and improve efficiencies across systems and data centers.
- Leads solution design discussions, develops work effort estimates for implementation and presents solutions
- Drafts and maintains solution documentation for platform components, integrations, and common use patterns to meet all architectural, security and operational requirements as defined by the larger Federal Reserve System
- Provides training, coaching and support for issues relating to the platform
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of directly related education and/or experience
- 5 of more years of relevant work experience
- Experience delivering platform solutions from design to production
- Experience integrating platform with 3rd party solutions
- Experience engineering solutions across a heterogenous datacenter, cloud, and SaaS environments
- Experience using standard development practices
- Experience with change management systems and processes
- Experience in troubleshooting, diagnosis, and problem solving
- Experience with scripting / IaC languages
- Experience with CI/CD tools and processes
- Platform certification is a plus
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) highly desired
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and manage projects and time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making abilities
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
- Engineering & Security – support and refine engineering practices, processes and procedures for the cloud platform that meet Federal Reserve Architectural, Security, and Operational needs. Drive design, engineering, implementation and configuration of platform services to support overall enterprise patterns, and reenforcing best practices. Partner with Information Security representatives to develop, implement and/or execute security configurations and controls.
- AWS – Establish the initial operating environments (non-production and Production) for hosting FRFS products and services within the Federal Reserve Managed AWS environment. As well as develop patterns for common platform needs (e.g. logging, monitoring, alerting, backup, encryption, tooling, etc) across all layers of the platform and supporting services. Support and refine the utilization strategy for the platform and enhance its overall architecture, security, performance and financial aspects.
- DevSecOps & CI/CD Tooling – Implement and manage delivery tooling for application and infrastructure deployment (GitLab & Terraform). Participate in solution design discussions, by developing work effort estimates for implementation, and also presenting solutions.
- IaC - Automate design patterns as Infrastructure-as -Code (IaC) and implement and test the automation Please list the top 4 competencies:
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) - Demonstrable advanced level experience with cloud automation tooling and Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, AWS CloudFormation, CDK, etc.) Ideally would possess experience moving from CloudFormation & CDK to Terraform.
- Building infrastructure solutions leveraging containers/container orchestration, including tools such as Kubernetes, Docker, Lambda, and serverless deployments.
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools – intermediate level of practical experience using and configuring tools such as GitLab (preferrable), Jenkins, Jira, etc.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information.