As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for crafting the messaging and positioning around our products. You'll work closely with the R&D team, creative, media, content, marketing, and the sales team to develop and influence product direction in the company. Attention to detail and an eye for quality and the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into digestible communication piece is crucial. In your role as a Product Marketing Manager, you will be the expert in buyers and the market: why they buy, how they buy, and their buying criteria. You require to be a strategic thinker to formulate highly elaborated campaign strategies and execution plans to introduce new products to the market.
- Create a comprehensive GTM strategy for all new product launches by working with cross-functional team to successfully schedule and create deliverables assets and contents
- Demonstrated success in positioning and launching differentiated products that meet the exceed business objectives
- Subject matter expertise in the particular product or market. This should include specific industry or technical knowledge
- Deep understanding of how a product is sold and the channels they are sold into and come up with high-level strategy to maximize success rate
- Develop and evolve market segmentation for each product offering by reviewing NPD data and other data insights
- Build on product messaging that sets new products apart from others in the market to give them a unique selling point
- Analyze sales data and channel information and then create plans to improve product line sales by using, but not limited to marketing and sales techniques
- Obtain insights into customers’ usage of current products, untapped opportunities and buyer personas, through interviews, surveys, focus groups and sales data by collaborating with multiple departments and staff
- Create consistent positioning statements, messaging and the associated proof points for public-facing marketing collateral
- Communicate the vision and value of new products to the sales team and develop sales tools that facilitate the selling process
- Plan and participate in the launch of new services and products which involve several different departments
- Brief the press and PR teams about new products and take part in presentation
- Review inventory levels and ensure product availability for promotions and special events to meet the projected demands
- Agree timelines and deadlines for the development of new products with product management, engineering or manufacturing departments
- Use market research data to establish product pricing
- Collaborate to create content such as case studies, videos, website copy and blog posts
- Speak and present about products to both external and internal audiences
- Create and present information about the products and the markets these products serve
- Represent the company at all times and with virtually any audience to explain the customer-led benefits of the product line
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- The ability to influence and work collaboratively with sales, marketing and Product Management
- Manage a group of staff and day to day initiatives
- A bachelor's degree in marketing/business/psychology or equivalent experience
- At least 3+ years in a combination of Product/Growth/Lifecycle Marketing roles
- Proven ability in people management
- Analytical chops, with experience using BI tools is a plus!
- Comfortable with giving presentations to internal and external audiences
- Hands on experience managing a funnel and life cycle communications.
- Prefer experience in 2-sided marketplaces with both supply and demand.
- Intellectually curious, empathetic, and driven to solve hard problems
- Highly structured, data-driven problem solver.
- Savvy communicator who can distill complex concepts into clear and compelling messaging.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup-like environment.
- Adept at and enjoy partnering cross-functionally.
- Experience with A/B testing and post-campaign analysis.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, possibly including some copywriting skills
- Highly collaborative and excellent teamwork skills