Our client in Los Angeles, CA has a contract opportunity for a Program Manager who has primary responsibility to plan, track, and deliver the projects to which they are assigned. This role will have specific focus on projects and programs for the Media Supply Chain.
Program Manager Job Description:
- He/she will identify key stakeholders and help define the project objectives.
- The Program Manager manages projects according to client-approved project frameworks, including both Agile and Waterfall project management approaches.
- He/she must be able to take an active senior leadership role in the team and create an environment that fosters the prescribed best practice methods and processes.
- Finally, the Program Manager must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project.
- The ideal candidate will partner with Program/Project Managers and/or Scrum Masters to promote collaboration and coordination amid competing priorities to ensure strategic and tactical product goals are delivered.
- They will also drive activities within the program, leading to predictable, quality delivery of value. In addition, the Program Manager must be effective at facilitating meetings and common waterfall and agile ceremonies.
- Understand primary partner program needs and establish/enhance practices to effectively deliver against those needs
- Excellence & ownership in program/project Delivery for multiple strategic priority initiatives
- Frequently interact with a diverse group of executives, project managers, technology, and business sponsors
- Facilitate program-level ceremonies, processes, and overall execution
- Proactively track and report on program initiatives, operations metrics, and budgets
- Identify and manage risks and impediments that affect program scope, schedule, and quality
- Manage dependencies and risks within and across programs
- Collaborate with other Program Managers, Scrum Managers, and Project Managers to coordinate initiatives across multiple technology teams, from inception to delivery
- Facilitate the creation and maintenance of a program roadmap, in close collaboration with Product Management, Engineering and various disciplines across the enterprise
- Facilitate cross-team scrum-of-scrums, where applicable
- Act as liaison for the program to other programs and management
- Assist in fine-tuning framework for cross-team communication, coordination of integration among components, and related governance
- Leveraging plan tools, manage projects and their interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence and integrity of the delivery
- Manage multiple initiatives/projects concurrently (as needed)
- Facilitate the production of high-level documentation around existing operational processes and proposed workflows within net new systems or optimized existing systems
- Participate in extensive cross-organization collaboration (e.g. quarterly planning), playing a crucial role in interfacing with end users and business stakeholders
- Manage relationships and deliverables from associated vendors (when applicable)
- Partners with Tech Finance for reporting on program budget actuals/forecast & benefit realization milestones
- Ensures transparency through centralized Reporting
- Focuses on removing Impediments/blockers and improving Delivery results
- Cross-Program Oversight & Interdependencies
- SOWs, Work Order - Initiation
Additional Program Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate efforts in larger and more critical/complex programs and operational activities that involve integrating the work of multiple large teams
- Independently manage activities and resolve conflict within associated teams with minimal influence from management; work effectively with all levels of management and employees
- Participate in knowledge sharing forums to encourage program and project delivery excellence
- Strong understanding of associated domain (related technologies, processes, etc.)
- Be an advocate for delivery excellence and challenge practices that impede quality Core Competencies
- Structured Thinker. Organizes thoughts easily, effectively, and is capable in sharing in a way that others can easily understand.
- Financial Acumen. Experience managing project financials, including moving assets into service, distinguishing capex vs. opex labor, and understanding concepts like IRR, ROI, etc.
- Drive and Determination. Looking for a go getter attitude who understands how to get things done, follows up diligently, and collaborates to prioritize where there's value. Focuses on where 80% of the value can be added as quickly and effectively as possible and helps to identify solutions as obstacles are encountered.
- Outcome Focus. There are often more than one way to achieve a goal. Understands and helps to lead teams to prioritize programs based on these outcomes to ensure what is truly needed is achieved.
- Resilience. Perseveres in the face of challenges and continues to pave the path ahead. Keeps teams motivated when facing challenges.
- Ownership & Accountability. Owns the program and the related outcomes as a servant leader, motivated to help achieve set and achieve goals.
- Tightly Aligned to Product/Eng/Ops lead. Establishes rapport and close alignment across the teams to achieve harmony/symbiosis.
- 5+ years of experience in program/project management and/or related Operational/Technical experience in a well-established, high-performing software development environment
- Strong knowledge of program/project Agile/Waterfall frameworks and delivery lifecycle practices
- Solid experience in appropriately managing risks, high-pressure projects and conflict resolution
- Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area and facilitate resolution of technical needs as they arise
- Comfortable and experienced in leading business and technology in vetting technical options
- Strong written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills
- PMgmt/Scrum Master certification, Agile and Waterfall certifications (like CSPO, PMP, PRINCE2) highly desirable
- Experience working in a media technology environment scheduling systems, asset management systems, mobile applications, web sites, video delivery, and how they integrate with existing technologies
- OTT & Streaming experience and knowledge of associated business models
- Experience working with software developers, technical and business management, department heads, product management, QA engineers, and other technology professionals • Experience working with and managing cross functional resources and vendors
- Solid experience using Excel, project governance tools (e.g. JIRA, Confluence) and program reporting tools
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferred.
Revel IT is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Revel IT does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.