If you are interested please apply online and send your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Reporting to the Director, Ambulatory Services of Martin Luther King, Jr. Los Angeles (MLK-LA) Healthcare Corporation, the Ambulatory Clinical RN as the leader of the health care team, provides professional nursing care, utilizing the nursing process in accordance with established standards of care, policies, and procedures. MLKCH outpatient clinic(s) and ambulatory services involving one or more specialty disciplines and/or clinic sites demonstrates performance consistent with the Medical Group's Vision, Mission, and Strategic Plan of the organization. Within assigned area: implements, supervises/monitors and maintains clinical practice and quality management standards, and staff competencies/development. Remains flexible to changing systems; is expected to demonstrate quality and effectiveness in work habits and clinical practice; and treats co-workers, patients, families, and all members of the health care team with dignity and respect.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as a leader of the health care team; delegates tasks appropriately, and demonstrates appropriate accountability .
- Prioritizes, delegates, and supervises work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of patient care activities.
- Ensures staff provide highest quality of care which complies with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, federal/state/local requirements.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative relationships with physicians and other departments.
- Collaborates with nursing and other departments to resolve patient care issues, meet access demands, provide convenient hours of operation, improve the cost structure and develop consistent policies and procedures.
- Supervises and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Monitoring budgets and resource allocations and financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Supervises use and maintenance of equipment, supplies and medications.
- Assists site Administrator in developing and maintaining the competency of all department staff.
- Collaborates with physicians, Medical Director, Site Administrator, Direct of Ambultory Services, in developing the appropriate level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Measuring and improving internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Procure supplies and other materials needed for the medical group site at competitive prices and with reputable vendors.
- Participate in development and implementation of long-range plans.
- Assist in resolution of administrative and operational issues including the maintenance of clinic property, computer systems and installed software applications.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
- Serve as a liaison between site and external agencies.
- Assists leadership develop clinic strategic plans and objectives based upon identified needs of patients.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, orienting, training and supervision of all medical group staff (non-provider staff).
- Resolves problems in administrative and clinical areas
- Leads and directs others through the change process, Utilizes communication strategies including chain of command and issue escalation, which result in intended outcomes.
- Mentors, orients, and coaches others in unit specific operations and patient care activities, shares responsibility and authority with subordinates and holds him/her accountable for performance.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve with other departments in order to assist member problem resolution.
- Monitors the patient's progress based on the plan, revises plan on ongoing basis based on patient condition and evaluation of progress.
- Ensures care meets standards of practice, ensures effective development and completion of discharge plan including discharge barriers and patient/family education.
- Ensures that patient understands medication purpose, side effects, and administration instructions.
- Makes appropriate referrals and facilitates the customer's ability to utilize resources.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred.
- Current California RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support for Providers, by American Heart Association (AHA)
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS), by American Heart Association (AHA)
- Registered Nurse with at least 1year. of clinical experience required, 2 years of clinical experience preferred in a hospital, clinic, home care, nursing home setting or health facility within the last 5 yrs.
- Current State license valid driver's license (local travel required up to 5% of the time).
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, electronic medical records and ability to learn new applications easily.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise and direct administrative personnel.
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- ... Please click HERE to view full job description.