(Local, Southern California applicants sought - NO RELOCATION OFFERED.)
The starting pay rate for this position is $21.42 per hour.
Those assigned to the Roofer (Laborer) position are responsible for performing roof cleaning, roof repairs and new-roof installations.
• They also accomplish planned maintenance, providing support to other crafts; ensuring attractions are clean and ready for operation.
• In addition to the above listed duties they will be responsible for cleaning and maintaining attractions, waterways, equipment rooms, backstage areas, and responsible areas. They will also be responsible for maintaining railroad track, ties, switches, and gravel ballast.
• Duties include changing air filters in HVAC units, equipment room doors (where equipped) and other miscellaneous locations.
Basic Qualifications :
Schedule Availability - Must be open to any shift (1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift) including holidays, with any combination of days off
Technical Abilities and Experience
• Eight (8) or more years of roofing experience highly preferred, including new installations, repairs and leak-source locating
• Preferred roofing experience includes the following types of roof systems:-Shake/shingle (wood and synthetic)
-Tile systems (concrete, clay, barrel, “S” and flat)
-Slate, Mod-Bit (torch applied)
-Single-Ply (PVC, EPDM)
-Metal (standing seam, corrugated)
-Composition shingles (3-tab, dimensional)
-Thatch (natural, synthetic)
-Liquid applied (with and without polyester membrane)
-Standard BUR asphalt with capsheet or gravel
-Fancy-Butt shingles(all types)
Additional Information :
• Those assigned to the Roofer (Laborer) position are required to attend an annual Hearing Conservation Training class, Respiratory Protection Training class and a Lead Awareness class. They are also required to submit to an annual medical evaluation, fit test, and an audiometric exam and a semi-annual Lead/Zinc blood test. • Additional technical training will be provided as profiled by the Manager
Keyword: dlrcasting, DLR Casting