Allied Universal®, North America’s leading security and facility services company, provides rewarding careers that give you a sense of purpose. While working in a dynamic, diverse and inclusive workplace, you will be part of a team that fuels a culture that will reflect in our communities and customers we serve. We offer medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance, 401K, employee assistance programs, company discounts, perks and more for all full-time positions!
Allied Universal® is hiring a Security Operations Center (SOC) Operator. The Security Operations Center (SOC) Operator is staffed twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week. The position monitors all security, communications and fire/life safety systems and is the liaison between all security departments. The Security Operations Center (SOC) Operator is directly responsible for the accurate documentation of routine and unusual events occurring on or near the facilities and maintains control of all equipment and keys in the Control Room. This position is responsible for competing task work orders for all maintenance needs reported.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor all security, communications, and fire/life safety systems within the designated region via the provided monitoring systems
- Proactively monitor all surveillance cameras and CCTV remote viewer programs. Monitors and responds to all security/life safety system alarms
- Answer and respond to events and situations received over regular and emergency phones and intercoms; speak clearly, give direction, and provide guidance to employees and security staff during emergencies
- Serve as the liaison between all departments and the security department
- Handle (without delay) complaints and unusual/critical event information to Shift Supervisor, Account Manager, and Security Director
- Accurately document routine and unusual events occurring on or near the facilities (accomplished via shift reports, pass-downs logs, incident reports, incident reports logs, or other established methods)
- Accurately maintain control of all equipment and keys in the Control Room. Accurately logs all equipment and keys signed out and returned by security, parking, and shuttle bus staff
- Complete “task work orders" for all reported maintenance needs
- Inform (without delay) the Shift Supervisor / Account Manager of any missing, damaged, or inoperative equipment or communications, alarm, CCTV, or other systems
- Control and monitor the two-way communication systems
- Make emergency notifications as necessary pursuant to site Post Orders
- Make productivity and cost reduction recommendations to management
- Make recommendations for physical security surveys and post orders
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- Licensing requirements are subject to state and/or local laws and regulations and may be required prior to employment.
- Must possess one or more of the following:
- Service in Military Occupational Specialty related to law enforcement, security (such as Military Police, Elite Military Forces, combat arms) or any support role in a Combat Zone
- Graduate of a Certified Public Safety Academy (military or civilian) in the law enforcement, adult corrections, or firefighter field
- Bachelor’s degree in protective services, business, or related field
- A minimum of 8 or more years of active service in any military branch
- Associate’s degree (or 60 credits) or higher in criminal justice with current or prior active military service
- 2 years of work experience in public sector dispatch or emergency operations center
- 2 years of verifiable data center security experience
- 3 years of verifiable private/corporate security experience
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Advanced computer skills and proficiency; proficiency with Microsoft Office and/or Google Applications
- Ability to work in a team environment; teamwork
- Ability to multi-task, discern patterns in detail
Allied Universal® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or relationship/association with a protected veteran, or any other basis or characteristic protected by law. For more information: www.aus.com
If you have any questions regarding Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Diversity and Inclusion, have difficulty using the online system and require an alternate method to apply, or require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment and/or employment process, please contact our local Human Resources department. To find an office near you, please visit: www.aus.com/offices.