Beacon Resources, in partnership with an East San Fernando Valley Transportation company, seeks a Senior Accountant on a direct hire basis.
Job - This Senior Accountant will be assisting in closing the books, oversee intercompany transactions, booking journal entries, reconciling accounts, owning the Accounts Payable (A/P) process, and being involved with Accounts Receivable and cash management duties. This role is a newly created one.
The Senior Accountant will report to a Controller.
Job Site Status (Remote/Mixed/Onsite) – Our client has a hybrid work schedule (2-3 days/week).
Culture/Environment – You will join a company that has passionate doers that have joined forces to work on something that will benefit the Earth. This type of mission-oriented vision energizes its employees.
Compensation –Salary range starts at $95,000/year. Our client supplements base compensation with 100% covered health benefits, a 401k plan, and growth opportunities.
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT DUTIES
General Ledger (G/L) Accounting
- Lead and Perform month-end closes
- Input journal entries
- Perform account and bank reconciliations
- Ensure all your month-end closing duties are completed in a prompt matter
- Prepare intercompany journal entries and intercompany reconciliations
- Monitoring and ensuring that every relevant revenue recognition event comply with GAAP/FASB standards
- Drafting and editing technical memos and position papers for the purpose of SEC reporting
- Ensuring all statements meet US GAAP standards
- Review all sales contacts
- Recognizing all revenue recognition events within various sales events (sales, warranty, maintenance)
- Assist in implementing new accounting policies to confirm with US GAAP/SEC/FASB standards
Compliance and Controls
- Support the accounting department on all controls and compliance matters
- Assist in all matters SOX
Inventory and Fixed Assets Accounting
- Take stock of all tangible assets
- Analyze inventory
- Prepare cost of goods stored (COGS) analysis
- Assist with flux analysis
- Support the finance department on all disclosures necessary for SEC filings
- Accept other various financial and accounting tasks as needed
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent work experience
- At least three (3) years of accounting work experience
- Leading a month-end close
- Prior employment at a public company
- Intercompany transactions
- Prior employment at a Big 4/other nationally renowned Public Accounting Firm
SENIOR ACCOUNTANT SKILLS
- Excel proficiency (v-lookups, pivot tables, formula manipulations)
- “Roll Your Sleeves” mentality
- Willingness to learn
- Not afraid to express your opinion
For further information, submit your resume in MS Word format to me. I will hold all inquiries in the strictest confidence.