SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Conceives, plans, and conducts research in problem areas of engineering of considerable scope and complexity. May also perform as a technical staff specialist for the organization in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, and processes for an assigned area of responsibility.
"Must be vaccinated against COVID-19, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. You must have received your first dose of COVID-19 vaccination by your first day of employment, and for two-dose COVID-19 vaccines, you must receive your second dose within thirty days of your first day of employment. Merit will consider exemption requests in accordance with federal, state, and local laws."
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS PERFORMED
SUMMARY OF MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Educational and/or experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or technical field related to the department of assignment or industry with ten years previous related experience, a Master’s Degree with eight years previous related experience, or a Ph.D. with five years previous related experience.
- Ability to independently apply analytical skills, complex scientific technical principles, and detailed knowledge in solving engineering problems and developing new products, techniques, or designs.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database, and other applicable software programs.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Working knowledge of the United States and international standards as applicable to the department.
- Scientific research
- Scientific problem solving
- Inventions/new designs/techniques
- Work/project supervision
- Special projects/ECN’s/ prototype creation
Merit Medical Systems, Inc., an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V, is a dynamic, progressive, and innovative company with a strong global presence. Our culture is highly energetic, family-friendly, values its employees, and promotes them as a standard business practice. To see what it is like to work at Merit take a look at our new recruiting video on YouTube at www.youtube.com/meritmedical to see the video titled "Great people, Great products, Great Company". Merit currently has the above opening located in South Jordan, Utah. Excellent compensation and benefits packages will be offered to the right candidate.
COMPANY HISTORY Merit Medical Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ, MMSI) was founded in 1987 by Fred P. Lampropoulos. Merit develops, manufactures, and markets single-use medical devices primarily for diagnosing and treating cardiovascular and vascular diseases. Merit has been successful in introducing and marketing innovative, high-quality products through its expertise in new product design and its capabilities in injection and insert molding of plastics; the application of its proprietary electronic and sensor-based technologies; and wire, extrusion, and catheter technologies. Merit also develops and markets embolotherapeutic products for the treatment of uterine fibroids, hyper vascularized tumors, and arteriovenous malformations. Embolotherapy procedures are primarily performed by interventional radiologists and use bioengineered microspheres to create targeted vascular occlusion and drug delivery. The Company is utilizing its competitive advantages and technologies to develop and offer products that address a wide range of needs related to cardiology and radiology procedures performed in hospitals. Sales are made primarily to U.S. hospitals through a direct sales force. The Company markets its products in over 60 countries worldwide, utilizing a direct sales force in Europe, and distributors for the remainder of the world.
MERIT MEDICAL SYSTEMS, INC.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
PandoLogic. Keywords: Manufacturing Engineer, Location: Seal Beach, CA - 90740