Join the Clean Energy Revolution
Become a Senior Specialist – Project Management Support at Southern California Edison (SCE) and build a better tomorrow. In this job, you will work in tandem with Project Managers (PM) and other partners to perform project management activities for projects and programs varying in size and complexity while ensuring achievement of organizational goals. The successful candidate will also lead, prioritize and control activities including, but not limited to, driving consensus in key decision-making discussions, coordinating the development and execution of deliverables, presentations, and management of documentation for Major Project Organization’s (MPO) portfolio of projects. As a Senior Specialist – Project Management Support, your work will help power our planet, reduce carbon emissions and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life - Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Acts as key resource to project team, department and division management, customers, and/or client organizations to ensure project goals are met in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Supports the pre-construction/construction planning processes by creating and tracking action items and managing project team member adherence.
- Facilitates and drives key decision-making discussions.
- Provides independent assessment, consistent communication, and follow-up with relevant partners to drive the completion of actions and resolve concerns.
- Coordinates the development and execution of critical deliverables, presentations, and document review processes such as bids, Request for Proposals, regulatory documents, and external permitting documents when applicable.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with management, project teams and partners to ensure the project meets schedule, budget, and regulatory compliance requirements.
- Tracks and provides oversight of document management, change management, action and decision logs, risk logs and governance materials in accordance with MPO policies and procedures.
- Creating and maintaining project documentation including version control, distribution, document storage/retention in complex document libraries and access control.
- Five or more years combined experience in a project management role and/or performing project management support activities.
- Three or more years of experience using one or more of the following Microsoft applications and/or functions: Microsoft Word to create outlines or tables; Microsoft Excel using VLOOKUPs, pivot tables, or creating charts; Microsoft Visio to create organizational charts, flow charts, or Gantt charts; or Microsoft PowerPoint to create presentations with embedded tables, charts or hyperlinks.
- Performing project management support activities such as investigating and resolving problems, coordinating, and communicating key project decisions and deliverables.
- Working in a utility or contractor environment supporting the development and/or execution of major transmission or distribution projects, large capital projects, or Third-Party interconnection projects.
- Creating and editing meeting minutes, reports, graphs, presentations, converting information from one format to another, generating non-standard reports, maintaining records, logs, document files and databases used for monitoring, tracking and trending programs/project costs, resources, schedules, and status for management.
- Ability to lead and proactively manage time constraints, prioritize work, and resolve project related concerns.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization.
- Working across multiple subject areas, interdepartmental teams, engaging with internal and external suppliers and partners with a focus to lead risks appropriately, develop and execute business plans, manage information, and provide outstanding service to internal and external customers.
- Experience with document management applications such as SharePoint, Aconex and/or ProCore.
- Tracking and providing oversight of document management, change management, action and decision logs, risk logs and governance materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, construction/contract management, other technical field or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Project Management Certificate.
You should know …
- Visit our Candidate Resource page to get meaningful information related to benefits, perks, resources, testing information, the hiring process, and more!
- Position will require up to 25% traveling and being out in the field throughout the SCE service territory.
- Relocation does not apply to this position.
- This position has been identified as a NERC/CIP impacted position - Prior to being hired, the successful candidate must pass a Personnel Risk Assessment (PRA) or Background Investigation. Once hired, the candidate must complete specified training prior to gaining un-escorted access to assigned work location and performing necessary job duties.
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. Please access our Information Guides to reference test: Edison Individual Contributor Workstyles (Test 8203). Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position.
The people at SCE don't just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.