Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll be exposed to both new and current technology while building innovative solutions to overcome high-volume obstacles and deliver player value.
VALORANT is Riot’s take on a character-based tactical shooter (for more info on VALORANT click here!). As a Staff Software Engineer on the VALORANT team you will help Riot expand our newest AAA title. You will help improve the experience of VALORANT to guarantee a smooth experience for players. You will report to the Engineering Manager of VALORANT Core Services.
- Be excited to span the entire VALORANT tech stack - from our golang services and infrastructure internals, to our game client in C++ and UE4 blueprints. We’re not looking for someone who’s an expert across the board and remaining nimble is key.
- Implement server infrastructure in support of new features.
- Provide technical expertise throughout the product life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of features while continuously improving the software engineering quality and efficiency.
- Build and manage strong relationships between disciplines
- Demonstrate a high bar of craft excellence for your team
- Cultivate your team's culture of collaboration, creativity and passion for game making
- Partner closely with shared teams at Riot that provide cross game capabilities
- Develop internet scale backend services for VALORANT
- Build features from in-game, all the way down to the backend service implementation
- Improve server reliability and performance
- Work with cloud technologies and services such as AWS
- 6+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Familiarity working in an agile environment
- Experience collaborating across departments and disciplines to create solutions.
- Expertise with C#, Java, Golang, or similar language(s)
- Professional experience working with cloud computing and cloud technologies
- Professional experience building large-scale backend systems or game services
- Professional or academic experience working with C++
- Professional experience working with Golang
- Professional or hobby experience working with Unreal Engine
- Experience developing software for iOS and Android devices
We offer medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Life insurance, parental leave, plus short-term and long-term disability coverage are also available. Riot will support your retirement benefits with a company match, and double down on your donations of time and money to non-profit charitable organizations. Balance between work and personal life is encouraged with open paid time off, and a play fund so you can broaden and deepen your personal relationship with games.
It’s our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).