Under limited supervision, this position will use acquired Electrical Engineering skills to work closely with design and project engineers in the development of test procedures, processes that are comprehensive, efficient and reliable in the effort to increase the test yield at the system level.
Major functions: • Works with Engineering in developing the appropriate design for test methodology for new and existing products
• Develops and validates Automated Test Programs and fixtures, as well as leads the selection of suitable test equipment for the manufacturing test process
• Coordinates with manufacturing floor and Failure Review Board team in reviewing test failure data and develops methods to continually reduce and eliminate test escapes
• Writes detailed test procedures needed for manufacturing test
• Provides training and guidance to manufacturing test group on proper use of test equipment and/or fixtures
• Provides estimates of labor and material required to satisfy proposal and contract requirements
• Coordinates and/or assists design engineers as needed on new product qualification tasks
• Assists manufacturing test technicians in trouble shooting, and/or repair failed test equipment and/or electronic assemblies
• Performs other duties as assigned by Management
Education/Experience/Licenses etc.: • Bachelors Degree (in Engineering or equivalent technical field, Electrical Engineering is preferred) and minimum 4 years of prior related experience in test engineering or technician role; or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 8 years of prior related experience; or Graduate Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience.
• Experience in writing and/or creating LabView or equivalent test program for Automated Test Equipment
• Experience with drawings, parts lists, engineering orders, wiring lists, diagrams, schematics and repair procedures
• Experience with related test equipment used to test power and digital systems
• Experience in preparation of test procedures, troubleshooting complex electronic systems, and related test engineering tasks to ensure products performance meets customer requirements
Preferred Additional Skills:
• Experience in high power applications
• DoD contractor test experience
About Advantage Resourcing
Advantage Resourcing is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Advantage Resourcing is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Testing Engineer, Location: Anaheim, CA - 92816