One of the nation's fastest growing restaurant groups is currently hiring a Senior Due Diligence Paralegal to join their Rosemead, CA team!
As the Senior Due Diligence Paralegal, you will be responsible for managing a portfolio of complex lease and purchase deals and providing broad support on all due diligence matters to real estate attorneys, real estate managers, design managers, and project managers. This position manages the entire escrow process for purchase deals and closings. The Senior Due Diligence Paralegal drafts and negotiates ancillary legal documents. This position may mentor/train less experienced paralegals.
- Manage a portfolio of complex lease and purchase deals and provides broad support on all due diligence matters to real estate attorneys, real estate managers, design managers and project managers (RD Team).
- Manage the entire escrow process for purchase deals and closings including, but not limited to, leading pre-closing calls and coordination with escrow, title, and seller(s).
- Obtain effective title policies and prepares title objection and closing letters.
- Examine and analyze Title Instruments, surveys, and environmental reports and conducts a full due diligence review to ascertain any material or adverse effects on the proposed site for purchase or lease.
- Prepare a critical issues memorandum summarizing relevant issues and concerns (including, but not limited to, design, construction, and legal matters) related to this review.
- Draft and negotiates ancillary legal documents.
- Manage and track various deadlines and milestones related to contingencies in our Purchase and Sale Agreements and Lease Agreements, track permit ready dates and potential commencement of construction, and send updates to the RD Team and real estate attorneys regularly.
- Participate on various RD Team calls to ensure the RD Team is aligned on timing and scope of outstanding work to achieve development milestones and deadlines.
- Set and run a Pre-Closing Call(s); depending on the nature of the deal there may be more than one call.
- Run reports from the due diligence database.
- Mentor and train new or entry-level paralegals.
- Prepare Memorandum’s of Lease for recording to benefit sites under lease.
- Paralegal certification or JD required
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience, including at least two years of due diligence/real estate experience or
- JD degree
- If hired, successful completion of annual company training
- If hired, must provide proof of full vaccination on your start date, unless prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Full vaccination means two weeks or more have passed after receiving the second dose in a two-dose series, or more than two weeks after receiving a single-dose vaccine. Examples of proof of full vaccination include an original, photocopied, or digital completed vaccination card which includes your name, type of vaccine provided, and date last dose administered.
If interested and to learn more, apply today!